Das Keyboard 4 Professional & Ultimate

I recently got my ultimate from woot, It’s a much sleeker design than my previous Model S Ultimate, the top aluminum plate feels really solid and the volume/media controls are awesome. Plus, it only takes 1x usb port to power the keyboard (model s takes 2x) and it offers 2x usb 3.0 ports.

The one downside is, despite both being cherry mx blues, the model S is >Significantly< more impressive sounding when typing. The 4 seems slightly muted in some way and the keys just don’t click in the same way. I’ve used the S for about three years and it just feels different

Wait, what if I don’t have a “desk grommet”? Is it still compatible? Looking forward to finally keeping my workspace neater and tidier than with other wired keyboards, somehow.

I haven’t touched a selectric since I was a kid in the 80’s. However, if you google around a bit, many sites say the closest thing is the IBM model M. Unicomp still makes keyboards with the same buckling spring technology as the Model M. I’m actually typing on one now. I have a DAS with cherry blue switches at home. They are much lighter than the Unicomp, and seem to have a shorter key travel.

While they are both the same switch type, Cherry MX, the casing change is what causes the audio feedback to have a slight difference.

Bought a Brown MX thirty days ago. While the feel of the keyboard is exceptional, the keys are already showing signs of wear and cleaning does not help…needless to say a bit disconcerting. Surprisingly, tech support states that they are aware of the problem and will replace the keys or the keyboard whenever a solution becomes available, without regard to the stated 90 day warranty. So, it appears this product has a known defect with no solution at the present time…a disappointing result given the glowing product description.

I purchased the Professional 4 about two weeks ago. I have never had a mechanical keyboard - love it. Went with the brown keys as I have cube mates - I type faster and more accurate - not sure how that works - but it does.

The board is very well built - like a piece of art. Hope to have it for a very long time.

Thinking about getting one. Been wanting to try a mechanical keyboard. Only wish it was TKL (no number pad) and backlit with those media controls.