Das Keyboards

These like the old Northgates I so loved and still use?

I have a pre-media key costar made one, wanted a second Das for the office, and received a China one before I knew or understood the issue. The space bar is like a dead fish, all the larger keys feel different, off. I returned and bought a costar refurb. So I’m excited to see the old model back here.

I have an older Das Keyboard and am currently typing on a Unicomp… In the end, the Unicomp M is my main keyboard and the Das is my keyboard for work. I noticed my typing speed went up by about 3-5 wpm with the Unicomp… Not quite such an increase on the Das… Maybe 1-2… (I’m an 85-90 wpm typer… Because they had me teaching computer applications last year, I even forced myself to do proper home row technique… If you can’t type homerow, look up the Almena mnemonic method… I can get most students to memorize the keyboard within 20 minutes…) But, the blank keycaps on the Das get the “whoa!?” prize from students.

Ugh, glossy grease magnets, plus I wouldn’t want to risk getting a new series one even if it’s a Costar pictured.

Quickfire Stealth, Leopold or Majestouch for me.

I have a Rosewill and will probably never go back to a regular cheap keyboard again. The tactile feel of one allows me to type a lot faster as people above have stated. I like my Rosewill and only paid about 20$ more for it. This seems like a really good deal here.

The model number they have listed is the DASK3PROMS1-CO, which is the Costar version (No Media Keys)

If you look up the other one (Media keys), it’s an entirely different model number – DASK3MKPROCLI to be precise.

So this is the Costar one, and may be remanufactured or new, who knows at this point.

I bought one anyway because I need a mech board at work.

Get a Das Beer Boot to go with your Das Keyboard! (only mildly ghey)

You can order a blank set of PBT caps from Unicomp if you want the same thing for yours. :wink:

Yeah. Never saw a mech ergo. I’d love to find one.

“DAS” is german for the “THE”

These by far are the best keyboards money can buy. I settled on this one after all the reviews of all the $100+ keyboards. So glad i got this. Absolutely love it. Its no sales gimick either about being able to type faster. I am usually around 75wpm on a regular non-mechanical keyboard and on this im in the 90’s. My wife was the same as well. You wont be sorry about getting this keyboard.
Just remember blue switches are the loudest and then browns and then the reds. I would suggest the browns, thats what i got.

Review at dasKeyboard Professional Model S w/ Media Keys Review and Test - YouTube

judge for yourself.

Just wanted to confirm that the conditions are correct is stated. One is new; the Mac is factory reconditioned.

The warranty is 90 days on the new one because it is the discontinued model. That’s why we were able to get a good deal on this keyboard.

For anyone who’s been interested in getting a Das Keyboard and is confused by all the talk on Costar/China/Taiwan: this is probably your last chance to get a new Model S Professional that is made in Taiwan by Costar. I believe newer models – anything with media keys – are produced in China, and according to Amazon reviews, quality has taken a big hit.

If you’re interested in a good deal on a no-nonsense mechanical keyboard with cherry blues, definitely go for this.

(As an aside, if you want to spend more money on something ridiculously awesome, WASD Keyboards, which includes the CODE keyboard previously linked here, all the way.)

I am in for two. Been using so many Cherry MX based keyboards (Filco, original Cherry, Ducky, Cooler Master, Rosewill, among a few others) and the Taiwan made Das Keyboard is among the best in the market.

The next step of upgrade would be Topre based switches (again it is love it or hate it thing). Realforce is one of the brands that use this switch.

Dang, woot this is where you really kill it. All of the whining about “wah wah wah woot isn’t the same, too many woots, woot plus is the worst” is really unfounded when you can get products like these at this price.

Wish I had pulled the trigger here D:

I have been looking into getting a mechanical keyboard for a few months now, and finally ordered the Das Keyboard this morning right before this deal ended.

I can’t wait to compare the quality of my high quality rubber dome keyboard to the Das Keyboard’s Cherry MX Blue switches.

Does anyone have any information on where these ship from, and how long it usually takes to ship?

I’d also like to know! I’m quite the impatient package recipient…

Services like Amazon Prime have really started to make me impatient when it comes to normal shipping.

I read a little bit and it looks like it takes on average 3-5 days before the product actually ships, and then another 3-8 days for the shipping company to deliver the product to your house.

Edit: It just shipped a few minutes ago after three days of waiting (not too bad really.) Now I just have to wait for FedEx to deliver.

Two of mine haven’t been shipped yet. It says shipping now on the status from the day after I placed the order.

Hi all. On the shipping - this is a new vendor and it’s the first time they’ve handled this many orders at one time. There was a bit of a learning curve to get our orders uploaded to their system.

The goal was that all orders would ship by Friday. @wenda86, I see a tracking number on your order now and it is moving. You should get a tracking email soon. Be sure to check your spam/junk folders.

Thank you for your patience.

I received a tracking number Friday evening but the status has been “initiated” ever since then.
the only thing in the shipment log is “Shipment information sent to FedEx”
as if they haven’t been tendered the package yet. Am I reading this wrong? Is fed ex just being slow or is it woot’s vendor? Am I being overly impatient?