David Noyes Wines

Had chance to taste these last week.

For some background - David works with Peter Wellington, and makes some solid wines.

I confess that I am not a white wine fan, though I have been known to open some. Given the selections available at the time, I did NOT choose to taste the Chardonnay.

I did taste the Zin and Pinot, and found them well crafted wines, that do a good job of expressing the varietal, without going overboard.

Don’t know how much of a bargain these are, but I don’t think anyone will be disappointed in the quality of these wines.

Only had a chance to try the Zin last week at the RPM woot gathering. I found it to be one of my favorites on the table, and complimented the wine maker on it. I’ll have to grab my notes from my luggage once I have a chance, but I would say this is an “insta buy!”

Recommendation posted from 10,000 feet :wink:

Your dedicated efforts to provide a recommendation have been duly noted. :slight_smile:

David Noyes Wines

David Noyes Zinfandel 3-Pack
$54.99 (Normally $75.00) 27% off List Price
2007 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel, Puccini Vineyard
2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel, Puccini Vineyard
2009 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel, Puccini Vineyard

David Noyes Pinot Noir 4-Pack
$79.99 (Normally $120.00) 33% off List Price
2 2007 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
2 2008 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir

David Noyes 2009 Chardonnay 3-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $90.00) 33% off List Price
2009 Russian River Valley Chardonnay, Rued Vineyard
CT links above

The Zin offer says
2009 Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel
but the picture shows a
2009 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel, Puccini Vineyard

Thanks for the sharp eye, we’ve passed this along to get fixed.

My notes on the 07 pinot
11/5/2011: Bottle was served at 65 Deg F.
Color is light red with dark red core, its also has a little spritz to it.
the nose is mostly woodsy with some smoke and raspberry, on the palate the wine was a little heavier than I was anticipating, I put it into the medium bodied category.

Its a little to much funk for my taste and not enough fruit.
The spritz was also a little off putting.
I would recommend this at $15.

08 Pinot

2/25/2012: Drank at a party, great for sipping and went well with chicken.
A nice purple core but still able to see through it in the glass. Nose and palate is all cherries. Would purchase again at around $15.

Would you guys say this was a “typical” Russian River Pinot in overall character?

The David Noyes Chard was the best Chard I had at the labrat-tasting. Unfortunately, I can’t find my notes on it right now.

I’ll try to add more once I find them.

The air is a little thin at 10k’, are you sure you were thinking clearly enough to offer a true recommendation? LOL

I sat with David at the dinner on Wed night - what a great guy making some great wines. I’m more partial to the Pinots than the Zin, but that’s just my preference.

Klezman, my view of the Pinots is that one has much more typical RRV notes (i.e. cherry cola), the other tastes more Sonoma Coast (mushroom and earth). I don’t have my notes, so I can’t remember which was which.

Wasn’t one of these even labeled Sonoma Coast on our lab-rattery sheet?

Tasted the Pinots at the RPM Tour Gathering last week. I found the '08 to have a lot of deep, dark berries on the nose. It was well-balanced with a nice finish. The '07 had a funky nose, as is typical of many pinots. Also, I got a lot of cherries on the nose. When I had it, it was a bit tight and really needed more time to open up. I preferred the '08. Given time to open up, I think the '07 would be a nice wine. Also, these are food friendly wines. Nice QPR! Enjoy!

I sat next to JHKEY with David and Ty Caton at WineDavid’s awesome dinner party!

I also “speed” ratted the 2007 Pinot Noir at the Tuesday speed rat session (tasted (swish & spit, or as some put it spish and swit) through 21 wines in about an hour and a half).

These are the notes I jotted down on it:

Nose - earth, red cherry, allspice.
Palate - black cherry, bit of spice, and cola.

Also noted “Like this one!”

For $20/bottle I think it’s a nice buy.

I do wonder if there were any smoke taint issues on the 2008 (we didn’t try that one)?

I must’ve gotten another wine served up quickly when tasting The David Noyes Chard, as my only note was “nose - tropical fruit”.

There was another Chardonnay that I really enjoyed, but I’ll post comments on that one when it comes up.

I don’t have my sheet with me, but you’re jogging my memory - perhaps we tasted a Sonoma Coast instead of 2 RRV - I wonder if the sheet was correct? Or we may have tasted a wine not being offered?

Your note is more detailed than most of mine were that night.

chances of the sheet being incorrect: very good. :\

Yes, the sheet says one was a 2008 Sonoma Coast and one was a 2007 Russian River, but I remember there being some confusion at the tasting as well, so I’m assuming they actually were both the RRVs listed in this Woot+ showcase.