David's Cookies Carrot Cake

David's Cookies Carrot Cake

Does the “may Contain Other Tree Nuts and/or Peanuts” warning really mean, “this cake is manufactured on equipment that is used to manufacture things with other nuts” - the same CYA warning that is on everything you ever buy - or does it mean “it is possible that today we were out of walnuts and so we used hazelnuts instead”?

(I’m allergic to most tree nuts, but walnuts and pecans are fine.)

Hi there. From the vendor:

May contains tree nut or peanuts warning is just letting consumer know that facility carry tree nuts or peanuts, though procedure implemented to avoid cross contamination but warning is kind of awareness.

Very disappointed because this cake contains coconut. I checked the ingredients carefully before ordering and coconut is definitely NOT on the ingredient list. Unfortunately, there is quite a bit of it in the cake. I would never have ordered it if the ingredients had been properly listed as my wife will not eat anything with coconut in it and this cake was for her. I would return if I could.

I’m very sorry. Please make sure you contact Woot customer service.

Please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.