Davis Family Vineyards Russian River Valley Vertical Pinot Noir

I love both regions for these very reasons…

klez, thanks for the confirmation. I thought we tasted these at the winery. Ahem, it was JUST a month ago to the day! Sure seems like a few months ago! Things have been too hectic!

Oh, and these were/are really excellent wines. (In for one. I just broke the SIWBM!) Guy treated us very well and we had a lot of fun with him. :slight_smile:

Hey! We missed the West Coast Swing dancing discussion! Boo Hoo! ddeuddeg & I are into ballroom dancing.

Mmmmm, Wellllington!

+1

a recent review by The Prince of Pinot Davis Family Vineyards: On a Quest for “Perfect” Pinot Noir | The PinotFile: Volume 8, Issue 45

I might be convinced if it tastes like Dublin Dr. Pepper.

in a glass bottle baby!

We could have gone dancing that weekend at Boogie by the Bay! WCS and Lindy until you drop!

I wish I was rich and had unlimited funds to use at my disposal…sighhhh :frowning:

Oh, Darn!

That’s probably true, but it needs some bottle time…several years mostly likely to reach it’s full potential right?

Oh what the heck:

Davis Family Vineyards Russian River Valley Vertical Pinot Noir
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: woodman19_99
Speed to first woot: 1m 31.477s
Wooter to blame for sellout: bsevern

Too bad this wasn’t lastbottle, I’d get $25 for getting the last bottle(s) - LOL!!

I hope this is GREAT pinot!! I absolutely LOVED the 2007 Torii Mor Olalla Vineyard Pinot Noir from Umpqua Valley.

Oooh… maybe Woot should make the person responsible for the sellout next weeks labrat.

I like that idea!

Several years is probably too many to wait for it to be drinking nicely, although I haven’t had the wine. I would imagine that it will be drinking wonderfully in the 2-3 year mark , depending on how fruit driven vs. earthy you like your pinots. Although I would venture to guess that it will last for several years.

Got my Davis Pinot a couple of days ago…now if my Piro Piro Piccolo Pinot Grigio gets here by Thanksgiving, I’ll be stoked!!!