Winery website

Previous offer:
1/17/11

sigh

Where’s the Vina Robles??

Previous Woot

Horseshoe Bend Vineyard (1000’ elevation) in Sonoma

Varietal Composition: 100% Pinot Noir

Oak Regimen: 100% French Oak for 11 months (1/3 new, 1/3 1st use, 1/3 2nd use)

Alcohol: 14.2%

Tasting Notes/Food Pairing:
Deep ruby violet color. Bright blueberry-boysenberry coulis and peppermint bark aromas with a tangy, fruity-yet-dry medium body and a crisp, juicy cherry chutney, honeycomb, and caramelized nut finish.

I got this when it was wooted. I thought it was reasonably good, but SWMBO did not particularly like it.

I opened a bottle of this the other day. Very earthy not much fruit here. Those you who like very fruity wines, like my wife, may not be a huge fan, but I liked it.

Need a new web site: beer.woot.com

That could be very cool. Get the more esoteric micro-brews from around the country.

First to post – or the delay?

Vineyard Location: Horseshoe Bend (1000’ elevation) Sonoma County

Oak Regimen: 100% French Oak for 11 months (1/3 new, 1/3 1st use, 1/3 2nd use)

Alcohol: 14.2%

Case Production: 208

Tasting Notes/Food Pairing:
Deep ruby violet color. Bright blueberry-boysenberry coulis and peppermint bark aromas with a tangy, fruity-yet-dry medium body and a crisp, juicy cherry chutney, honeycomb, and caramelized nut finish.

Wow, all three woot sites are acting quite funny.

I wooted this earlier. I thought it was reasonably good, but SWMBO did not like it very well. Usually, we agree on Pinot Noir and Burgundies, but not in this instance.

So why is this not showing up on the main page to order?

Heck of a deal. $40 a bottle from the winery:

broken?

broken?

Very broken indeed.

Good timing for this to show back up. I opened up one of the bottles I got from the last offering, and my wife and I both loved it. Lots of cola on the nose, with a bit of the forest floor. Definitely not as fruity as what you’d typically see from the Russian River Valley, but well balanced and the sort of wine that makes you really want a second glass. As soon as I tried it, I was wishing I’d bought a couple more bottles of it, so I’m glad to get a chance to rectify things.

Why not, why not? Can we please please have a mini-description inluding what other Pinots it might taste like nd how different? Fruits/earth/elegance?

:slight_smile:

O! Two!