Davis Family Vineyards White - 4 Pack

Sellout or not, the offer is gone in 24 hours.

[labrat]

Lab Rat Report

I opened the Cote Rose after a round of golf on Sunday where my winter white skin got pretty rose. It offered a nice crisp finish to a painful day of digging wayward shots out of sand traps and small creeks. I don’t drink a lot of Rose but have enjoyed it on warm summer days or even with some turkey at Thanksgiving. This bottle was very tasty with a nice aroma and a hint of cherry and some spice. I drank it cold but it continued to please as it warmed. It’s modestly complicated and very easy to drink. It was the perfect wine to sip on the patio as I watched the sun set wondering how much I could get for my golf clubs on craigslist.

I’m looking for a reason not to buy this one. Someone please throw one out there.

Based on my experience I would think the Rose is a “drink now”. The Riesling can probably last a year or 2. The Luke should go for several more years based on the fact that it’s mostly Roussanne and Marsanne. They age well, but they do change as they age. I think this is a very good deal.

[labrat]

How does one follow nosenevets? This is NOT your typical rose. It is nicely dry and much better only slightly chilled rather than cold from the fridge. The color is lovely, and I’ll repeat that it is not sweet - though the bouquet is close to freshly cut strawberries.
We paired this with broiled steelhead trout, smashed new potatoes, and sautéed mizuna. The greens were too bitter for the wine, but it was delicious with the fish and with the sea salted potatoes. It was also excellent with fresh berry pie for dessert, a nice balance to the raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries.
For lunch I’m going to try a glass with sesame noodles and thin sliced pork. I think it will balance the sesame oil well.
Nosenevets, my hat is off to you. Great reviews.

Hmm… so all the rats got the rose? Weird. No rats on the other two?

So did all the rats get the Rose? I’d like to see some reports on the Riesling and the Luke.

edit oops, jinx post edit

This is a quality winery. Their Chardonnay is one of my favorites. I’m sure the other whites are just as tasty.

I’d jump on this if my wine fridge (and regular fridge) wasn’t already overflowing.

[How good is this deal?](http://bit.ly/lO0y0o" title="How good is this deal?)

Click the link above for full discount details, links, etc.

Having recently joined Davis’ wine club with an extravagant purchase of their reds, none of which I have yet had “a suitable occasion” to sample, I will add these whites to my anticipated summer moments of joy. In for 3!

My wife told me that I drive her to drink. So I guess we are in for 1

+1

I’m in again. Love supporting both Guy, Sonoma County wineries and WOOT! Sorry I didnt have time to stop by for barrel tasting this year, love your location there in Healdsburg.

Excited for the Rose, and Rhone blends are always a favorite. And I think it is still cool enough in Sacto for shipping. I know I’ll be drinking these right away as it is starting to warm up.

Too yummy to pass up - you’d hate yourself if you missed out.

The rose paired perfectly with the sesame noodles.

I love Rhone varietals! I’m in for one…

Davis is one of our favorite wineries. We have actually tasted all 3 of these wines.

The rose is dry and very nice. With the hot weather coming up it’s great for coming home on a hot day.

The 2008 Riesling is actually a previous futures purchase of ours and it was/is GREAT. Also dry.

The Cuvee we’ve tried at the winery and have been future purchasers of his 2009 and 2010. Honestly those two years are even better than 2008 but definitely go for the 2008. It is also awesome.

We may have to pick up the 2008 just to round out our vertical of Cuvee Luke :slight_smile:

How do folks get to be a Woot Wine Lab Rat? Are they randomly chosen?

In the spirit of CarTalk. You write your name on the back of a $100 bill and send it in…

have you signed up to be one? see link below.