Dazzle DVD Recorder

how’s the software??? Could I use video that’s already on my cpu???

FYI, these are used for getting non-digital sources (VHS, 8m, Hi-8, NTSC TV) on to the computer via USB. Hope that clears it up for ya.

one end is USB, the other is S-video and analog inputs. Take the output from your VCR and plug it into this instead of your TV. Launch the software and Voila, you’re making DVD’s… Can’t get any easier…

Can I plug my video game consoles into this, and record it onto my computer (instead of right onto a DVD)?

Just plug it into your computer and use the software to capture the video to your computer - you can make dvd’s or video files, it is really easy…

Analog out from camcorder into this device and then on to computer. So easy. You can then use any video editing app(i use pinnacle studio) to spice up the video.

“DVD Recorder” is a VERY misleading name for a hardware item that DOES NOT RECORD DVDS.

“Video Capture Board & DVD Encoder”, sure, but there’s something wrong with a “DVD Recorder” where you need “Minimum System Requirements: … DVD burner”

can i recorder videos from my mini DV camcorder to dvd???

This basically takes the RCA input converts to usb.

lookeee here (or listen here)

Wootcast up and runnin tonight. Quiktime even…

Namaste

Anyone know how good the latency is on something like this? Can I plug an xbox into it and play games on my monitor, or will there be lag in the video?

These do not work with macs, and their windows drivers are quite poorly written.

Do you need a lot of free hard drive space?

That’s exactly what this is for.

If you’re running an Intel Mac, you can boot it up into Windows with Boot Camp, or VMWare or Parallels. This makes sense.

this could work great with one of the many tv’s i didnt get over at the sellout.woot-off, neat item but gotta pass.

Yeah, it works - for the most part. I’ve got an older Dazzle unit that only does USB 1.1 and it’s a PITA to set up, the software quality is good but not great. If you got some old home movies on VHS or another analog source and you want to make YouTube clubs, this will work fine, but if you want to transfer over video for archival purposes, it is worth the money to invest in something that will yeild higher quality video.

In for one… I need this! Can finally toss my old VHS tapes!!

I own three of these… For this price, it’s totally worth it. You can use it simply as a capture device with composite or s-video in, with stereo audio. DO NOT even attempt to use the built-in software, as it is totally crappy. You do need to install this software though, to get the drivers to work properly. Once that’s done, you can use windows movie maker, or avid, or whatever you please, and it will show up as a regular capture device.

And yes, it’s mac compatible.

I have one of these and it works fine. You connect video and audio out from the VCR to video and audio in on this device. Then connect to your PC USB port. Insert your old home video (mine was VHS), launch the software, select “record” and press play on the VCR. I converts your old video to an .AVI or .MPG file on your PC. Then you can burn it to DVD. You can also transfer it directly to DVD. Works with MS MovieMaker software, also.