Dazzle to Go USB 2.0 TV Tuner and Video Editor

any possibility this works with mac?

I had this card a while ago, I don’t know about the TV tuner abilities (never used that part) but the capture part sucked. It would drop frames in Premiere constantly, then stop capturing altogether. It was garbage. And the software it had bundled with it sucked too, it was like a really crappy version of iMovie, which isn’t really saying much.

Nice… better than getting PocketDish (http://www.pocketdish.com/?section=home) for $399. Thanks!

I have the Pinnacle Studio software and its easy to use and very very good.

Anyone know if this has a QAM tuner?

But does it work in Linux? :slight_smile:

Well count me out, then. I need something that I can use to make my slim PS2 utilize my laptop screen.

I ordered one, but would like to know what to expect in the way of “PVR” software. Anybody have any idea if this is compatible with many (or any) of them?

Should I open the box when I get it, or put it straight on ebay?

I ordered a TV Tuner card (PCI) about 2 months ago… Couldn’t get it to work… Stupid dell… Still looking for another that will work to capture, record, and hopefully watch live tv shows with.

Mac user. nothing to see here. move along…

I am glad I read your post …it saved me $50 bucks

Tempting. I have an older Dazzle that I have hooked up to a wireless camera, using as my webcam. This is a better model; it will allow me to input from S-video.

This is kind of like the request for left handed clubs.

Easier to sell to the majority than the minority.

Does anyone know if this would work for linux…I would love to use it to make a Myth TV box

I wooted.

If it doesn’t work out, I’ll package it back up and present it as a “gift” to my wife.

Not mac compatible? This wooter is going to sleep now. We’ll be waiting for native Mac stuff.

For the mac-haters out there, don’t get excited. We can run this now, I would just use Windows on my 2nd display, and we both know it’s not worth the pain of loading up Bill’s crap. Besides, I haven’t updated my antivirus on the Windows partition in a while.

sigh

This product looks great, video capture with the ability to capture TV shows and put them on my video ipod or my son’s psp. I’m on board looks like a great deal…

I had the original Dazzle DVC USB. It used USB 1.1 and only captured in MPEG1 or Real Media (I think it converted using bundled software). It worked fine, but longer videos would lose audio sync. I think I paid $200-300 for it about 6+ years ago.

I think I’d rather get a PCI capture/tuner card just because USB can (not will) be a CPU hog.

Can I hook a cable feed directly to this thing and watch tv through my pc?

If anybody’s looking for reviews, I believe this is the usb tv tuner portion on newegg - not the greatest reviews - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814144142

this looks awesome, ive been looking for a tv tuner for sometime now and the upload to psp and ipod video which i own both of, sold me on it, i hope this works great