De Long’s California Wine Map

Bought one of these years ago - it’s hanging in my office. Beautiful, but one disclaimer: the island off Southern California’s coast is Santa Catalina, not Santa Carolina. Not sure if DeLong has corrected that typo in this issue of the map.

I was going to buy, but realized I would be reminded of NightGhost’s absence every time I looked at it…

In for none (at least this time)

I did the Ty while you were slacking off…

Is that high enough to worry about snow? Not often, but this year, for example?

Alicante Bousche one variety I have never liked, Maybe there is a good example somewhere but I haven’t found one.

I went to Santa Cruz for the chowder festival and all the news vans were at the summit (1800’) looking at the sky, no snow but they were ready to report about it; we did get a flurry the next morning at sea level. 2000’ is to low to worry about snow in coastal CA.

It could happen for a few hours on a winter morning, but the vines would be dormant and it would be gone by the afternoon. That close to the ocean it probably wouldn’t happen at all.

I haven’t found many. It’s a cross of Grenache and Petite Bouschet (which is itself half Tenturier), sort of a turbocharged Grenache but it’s almost always been grown in the central valley or in a zin field blend. It needs to be grown in a cooler area, cropped low, exposed well, and not sulfured to death in the vineyard, and maybe blended with Syrah . . . .

seriously, how long does it take to mail out a map? 10 days and nothing. What happened to shipped in 5 days.

Wine.woot.com is the one exception. Everything sold on wine.woot.com normally ships in two about weeks.

I’m with you. It’s been almost two weeks now and still nothing about it being ready and/or shipped. It’s going to suck that a gift bought when it wasn’t the last minute will still be late.

my thoughts EXACTLY…

Then it seems like you shouldn’t say “Again, your order will typically ship within 5 business days.” in the order details on your website. Had I known it would take this long, I would’ve gladly paid $29.95 to buy it from Amazon or the DeLongWine website in order to have received it in a reasonable window of time…

Yep, they had no problem charging me on 4/7. And sending emails to service@woot.com gets no responses (not for this aprticular offer, but a previous). I have always been a fan of woot, but when I am ignored I get pissed, there is no excuse for ignoring your customers.

Good lord, if this didn’t finally have a tracking number (though 6 days since that was initiated and still yet to be shipped) I’d think I was being ripped off! Will be lucky to get this a month after I ordered it at the rate "smart"post goes too… :frowning:

yeah this is a bit maddening at this point. estimated ship date of 4/19 according to fedex but no update since.

yeah woot suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!

I sent an email to serviec@woot.com to find out what is going on and they said they could issue a replacement which would take another 2 weeks or give me a refund. No info abotu what is happening with my order. I don’t get it, why sell something you obviously are having an issue supplying?

Hey guys, we found out that there is a small group of about 20 orders that haven’t shipped yet becuase we didn’t have enough maps on hand. We are getting more in and the rest will ship out by the end of the week.

sucks - why do I have to be in that group of 20? and why is there a ship date for something you don’t have?!?

cool, thanks for the update.