Dead Air

I’ve worked in TV Master Control for three years no less! I can relate to the color bars, the tones, the “movies about Indians” (test pattern) and the many doses of Excedrin Migraine taken along the way.

This shirt would only broadcast that I’m old enough to remember when the stations went to test pattern at night.

And on that note, I’m off to bed.
cue the Star-Spangled Banner music

Momma warned me about television.

I shoulda listened, Momma!

Thus, we have Xbox and PS3 to fill the empty void caused by unfullfilling television… and the people rejoyced, poking fun at those with out quality entertainment.

I think they just play infomercials.

So television really is the drug of the nation, breeding ignorance and feeding radiation?

Not so much for dead air, that’s usually just black now although the bars are used all the time when uplinks first send signals to the satellites prior to going to camera shots. It allows the ground stations to make any necessary adjustments to the color spectrum.

I expect to see this shirt on Sheldon Cooper next week.

Television can indeed be poisonous, a typical characteristic represented by the skull and crossbones icon… or technicolor skull and remotes in this case…

Even the remotes have one red evil eye… oh wait, I guess those are power buttons, or at least that’s what the government wants you to think.

It’d be more accurately described as a button that helps you become powerless.

That said, I’m on the verge of buying this tee… however, my credit cards have tears in their eyes already, and I really should stop torturing them.

This is a great shirt to raise awareness as a member of GLBT with rainbow being overshadowed by looming death from some fatal SDTs.

Wow, deeper than I thought - good for everyone who want to raise awareness of this cause - thanks woot!

nothing like death and skulls to liven up the place.

When I was little, I always felt so accomplished when I stayed up late enough to see this screen and hear the legendary “weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee”

Now. I dread being up this late. Hahaha.

Oh well. Thanks for the break time, Woot. Back to homework.

In for 1! Can’t wait to wear it to work.
:wink:

YES! i love shirt.woot and i used to buy a shirt a week last year but i’ve been checking every day and before this i had not seen anything in looong time that was an instant YES I WILL BUY YOU

I nominate the official music of this shirt.

Oh boredom is so terrible, it’s like a dread disease
Nothing could be worse than when there’s nothing on TV
I’d rather be a cowboy than to stare blank at the walls
I’ve been reborn so many times
I can’t remember them all

All? Some of us have lives and don’t watch TV. And by lives, I mean the Internet.

Now THATS a quality post!

GoodEvening, HBO
From CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT

That video looks a little dark. The blacks look a little crushed and the chroma could come up a bit.

Sweet! I like skulls, the colors, and people can read into it anyway they’d like. Although it should be obvious to some. Anyway, the colors remind me of the tone that plays along with it, such a brainwashing like tone you’d expect to hear in some crazy movie like videodrome. That alone brings up a vision of some lonely schizophrenic who is up close and personal with his TV in a dark, dank room, oblivious to the world around him, consciousness drawn into the void, the death stare.

So I done gone buy it. :wink:

Appreciates the Ned’s Atomic Dustbin reference…even if it took me about 30 seconds to figure it out.