Defender Security

Nobody will steal my life-sized cardboard cutout of Jeremy Irons ever again!!

On amazon, 22 of the 30 reviews are from the Amazon Vine program (reviewers sent a free product in exchange for a review). That seems like a high percentage for an item that was released in March 2011…

Does anyone have a suggestion for a wet-climate-friendly wireless detector to alert when dogs are outside the door? Many of the “doormat” detectors seem to be set off by the weight of a wet doormat or aren’t fully waterproof. I wondered about a driveway detector, but the reviews for the one offered in this sale sound like it doesn’t handle weather very well.

This thing has more 1 star reviews than 5 star reviews. It is definitely not for the faint of heart.

http://www.amazon.com/Defender-SN301-8CH-015-8-Channel-Outdoor-Cameras/dp/B003OUX3IY/ref=cm_rdp_product

Can anyone point me to a good tutorial about how to access these systems via smartphone/web? I have the Gizmodo system that is frequently sold on Woot, and it works great. I’d just like to be able to monitor the cameras remotely occasionally. I’m handy with the router & networking stuff but this has gotten me a little stumped… Thanks!