Definition of Love

I’ve been taking a survey around my area about people’s definition of love, and I thought I should see what my online friends here at woot thought. So, what’s your definition of love? (it can be one word or a couple of sentences, but please don’t just copy websters… thanks)

hot, wild, passionate sex.

Ah, no one bit…

Well, actually love is a mixture of many things. It is a great friendship that doesn’t have to worry about misunderstandings or fall outs because it will keep on going. Love is knowing someone so long that conversations picked up years apart still feel fresh. Love is knowing something is less without that person around but not bound to him or her. Love is trust. Love is communication. Love is timing.

Love also can be some great physical connection.

Love is the person you want to share joys, frustrations, sorrows, celebrations with.

this sounds good to me, but I have never been married or truly in love (maybe once) I am not qualified to voice an opinion on love, so I won’t.

the hot, passionate, wild sex does not necessarily go with marriage. :frowning:

Changing your partner’s Depends at 75.

What about love for your family or pets or friends?
You haven’t had romantic love.

“In love the paradox occurs that two beings become one and yet remain two.”
-Erich Fromm

“Sometimes it’s a form of love just to talk to somebody that you have nothing in common with and still be fascinated by their presence.”
David Byrne

Sometimes it’s just stalking.

Or woot!.

An orgy of wooters.

“Love is the self-delusion we manufacture to justify the trouble we take to have sex.”
Daniel S. Greenberg

Sex and love are not the same thing!

but they’re not incompatible either!

“Love is only a dirty trick played on us to achieve continuation of the species.”
W. Somerset Maugham

“Love is the word used to label the sexual excitement of the young, the habituation of the middle-aged, and the mutual dependence of the old.”
John Ciardi

“Love is what you’ve been through with somebody.”
James Thurber

Love is evol backwards.

Anybody got anything other than someone else quotes?