Deforestation

Have to say… BEST PRODUCT DESCRIPTION EVER!

The eraser looks so real, I’m afraid people would be trying to pluck it off of my shirt!

Imagine how screwed we would be if it was that easy.

Sigh…this week has been nothing but flubs for me. I really hope “Almost Human” won second or third place, otherwise this will have been a complete bust.

I love it, definitely in for 1. I’ll admit that I did not expect it to make first in this derby however,

Fantastic design! It says so much with no words. I love it! I think I will wear it on Earth day.

Fantastic design sir, and so well deserved.
Many congrats to you!

Ha!
What does being the first poster have to do with anything? This isn’t Fark or Perez Hilton. Your firstie position means nothing, whether the comment was positive or negative.
And, yes, because you didn’t leave a positive comment, the post was deleted. So you know why it was deleted, as you acknowledge writing a “not positive” comment. Judging by the tone of this latest post of yours, I’m guessing it was probably rather vitriolic.
Also? “Integrity?” I do not think the word means what you think it means. [askoxford: the quality of being honest and morally upright; merriam-webster: firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values] Woot and Woot forum mods are quite honest and upfront about their deletion prerogatives. There’s a little tattle button next to every post. Either a mod saw your post or someone reported you. They decided your comment did not fit within the context of the thread. They deleted it. They do this consistently. According to their own code(s) of ethics. That is integrity, though specifically varied from mod to mod.
Maybe you should try not to be such a bitterbitch in the future? That usually helps with the not-being-deleted.
:wink:

Edit:

Nya!

In for one! been needing another cream tee, and this one goes well with a green one about a year back about planting a tree for the future,…I’m gonna have a whole eco-awareness wardrobe!

just how would this look, I wonder. looks cool in the picture, but on the actual shirt?

Well, it is sort of kind of like interesting although I wouldn’t want to be the operator of that evil looking piece of machinery. Except, of course, that the machine is “merely” an eraser and I haven’t ever been hurt by an eraser (except, perhaps, if someone ever threw one at me in grade school).

On the other hand (as it were), if it were a drafting pencil (the kind that use rather thick lead and you have to sharpen from time to time), I still bear a black spot on the palm of my right hand when, attempting to catch a just-sharpened pencil, I happened to nab it (point upwards) as it hit the surface of my chair.

So, I guess I’ll just be happy that it is “merely” an eraser. But do erasers erase trees? I thought they erased things made upon tree-sourced products…

True opinion? At least it isn’t as horrible (or, at the VERY least scary) as yesterday’s. But I suppose that isn’t a very constructive opinion, is it?

Oh well…

Hi 08’er crying about first post.

I’ve been waiting for a shirt to buy. Finally this came around.

Well you better get it soon! Because, like the design, the shirts are while supplies last! (Except when the shirts are gone, its a good thing… not the trees though :frowning: )

To begin with, I love “standard” pink rubber erasers like the one in this graphic. I even love the smell of them. Mostly, I love how they wipe out my penciled mistakes so cleanly without (usually) becoming dirty themselves.

Uh, that was a very odd way of posting a note that doesn’t show up in the reply. I guess it must have been malformed somehow.

Be that as it may: Gatzby’s comment at least makes sense.

Given, however, that “nope” adds no information, I’d still like to see “grats (put name in here)” notes deleted because they don’t add any information either (unless public acclamation is by definition information). I don’t know why I feel so strange about this vacuous need people have to pat other people on the back in a public manner, so I can’t defend it. I just cannot, so please don’t beat me up about an opinion of mine you think is silly. Please? I don’t like Brussel sprouts either, but for that I CAN make a decent argument: for this I can’t. Oh well…

Still, when I read such a post, my mind stutters over the apparent nothingness of it.

However, my REAL issue with goldenthorn’s comments has to do with the following: “They decided your comment did not fit within the context of the thread.” goldenthorn has already admitted “What does being the first poster have to do with anything?”

Well, in this case, if you are the first poster then at least for some instant in time your posting IS the thread. It IS the context of the thread, no matter how (put in mildly derogative term here) that context might be.

You can’t exactly have it both ways. OK, fine, being first doesn’t count for much: except, as noted, it is for that mere moment in time the entirety of the thread and is held within the context of the thread. So you can’t say that it was appropriate for the note to be knocked off for -that- reason.

As already mentioned, I believe Gatzby’s opinion is absoutely sufficient for the deletion of the note. No more, no less.

Is that “or” meant to be mutually exclusive? Because I’m a hippie AND I hate paper. I also hate having a place to live. It’s such a burden.

Oh, wait, you were being a condescending wank? Duly noted!

Wood you beleaf it? 30+ comments in, and hardly an arboreal pun to be frond. I’m disappointed to my rotten core.

If only this wasn’t cream :frowning:

You should start stumping for more puns, then.

Congrats, Ski. first win, first place. And well deserved.

How about: “Well, I’m up a tree about whether or not I’ll buy it.”

(OK, I’ve almost NEVER come up with a decent pun. Such is life.)