Delivery by Amazon DSP [resolved]

Does Woot have the capability to see proof of delivery made by Amazon DSP?
I got a package supposedly delivered yesterday but surveillance cameras did not pick up on any Amazon truck or driver in the vicinity at time of delivery.

Not really. Check with your neighbors, apartment office, mail room, etc.

If no luck, reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

Hoping it’s going somewhere, one CSR seems to try to address the issue, another hot potato to Amazon Logistic (which I contacted and said all they can do is lodge the complaint but resolution need to go through Woot!), then today this same CSR asking for return address to print return label (!?!?!). I never received the order in the first place and being asked to return it.

Hi there. Looks like CS took care of you this morning. Sorry for the confusion.

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.