Dell 31.5" Full-HD IPS Monitor with HDMI

Its not so much about “sharper” its about how big the pixels are. When you’re old a small 4K monitor is the worst - the resolution is fantastic on on paper BUT you have to upsize things or sit really close to appreciate (or see) it. So says this 53 year old engineer geezer as measured in Moore’s law type of time scales.

That’s not my experience. I am about your age, and sharper is better. Sure, you have to upsize the font, but clear is clear. I’d rather watch a 4k movie than a 1080 movie, and certainly rather watch a 1080 movie than standard definition video resolution. But that’s just my opinion, of course.

TL;dr = this is crap

I bought this monitor precisely because it’s huge and 1080. It’s much lighter than I expected and I’m pleased with the image quality. And yes, at age 50, reading web pages at 4K means wearing glasses. At 1080, this is not an issue.

WOW, are we spoiled now!

A 4k monitor this size would be many hundreds of dollars, and there’s plenty of situations where you can’t run 4k on existing legacy hardware.

This thing is totally fine at 1080. 31" is NOT “too big” for 1080 unless you’re sitting 2’ from the display. If text looks weird or too big check your scaling and ClearText settings.

Signed, someone sitting <5’ from a 47" 1080 display at work.

Just set this up. Whooo… it’s BIG!

And very nice.