Dell 5650 6 Piece 5.1 100 watt Speaker set

Welcome to the Dell 5650 6 Piece Speaker Set topic page for this product on Monday, July 26th. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments for the Dell 5650 Speakers here.

:? Looks like cool!

But I already have a set of audio system… Have to pass it. Still waiting for the mouse, should be exciting!

How does it hook up to the computer? USB? Does it have optical in?

Also interested in this while waiting to order :slight_smile:

Also - has anyone found any good review sites?

which is better? Logitech z640 5.1 speaker system or this one?

z640 is only 50W

this one is 100w RMS which is quite loud. They’re awsome speakers

ok, in for one, thanks

Happen to know how it hooks up to the PC? I notice they come stock with a lot of dell machines, just worried about compatibility

These appear to analog only, as referenced in this PDF, pulled straight from Dell:

[url]Computers, Monitors & Technology Solutions | Dell USA

Still, though - you can’t beat the money, and they are quite noisy. I would expect them to be very loud before any noticeable distortion occurs.

what does REPACKAGED mean? taken out and examined then put back in the box??

i want to know what does “repack” mean too??
:slight_smile:

can’t wait anymore,
in for one

[quote user=“iwilldo”]i want to know what does “repack” mean too??
:)[/quote]

I think what it means is that this set of speaker system generally comes with a dell system or some sort of others in a bigger box that look nicer with pictures and colors. However, selling these seperately from the others means they just come in a brown box (that these were stored in) that’s inside those outer colored box. Like how those mini home DVD system where inside that big color box, they have their DVD player in a brown box pn top of their speakers in another brown box. arg…i’m confusing myself with all these boxes.

Well reviewed -
http://www.compukiss.com/populartopics/computercenterhtm/review359.htm
http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/Dell_Dimension_8400/4505-3118_16-30919189-4.html - 65k -

[quote user=“Kayo”][quote user=“iwilldo”]i want to know what does “repack” mean too??
:)[/quote]

I think what it means is that this set of speaker system generally comes with a dell system or some sort of others in a bigger box that look nicer with pictures and colors. However, selling these seperately from the others means they just come in a brown box (that these were stored in) that’s inside those outer colored box. Like how those mini home DVD system where inside that big color box, they have their DVD player in a brown box pn top of their speakers in another brown box. arg…i’m confusing myself with all these boxes.[/quote]

actually, i got these speakers from Dell a week ago and they came in a plain brown box with just the number “5650” on it. So guess again. :roll:

I’m buying these simply b/c they’ve got to be better than my 2.1 altec lansings I’ve had for the past 7-8 years, and I haven’t the $$$ for $50 headphones or $100+ speaker systems. God bless you woot.com

wow, i would definitely buy it if you guys ship it to Canada!

I keep getting an error message to check my credit card info which is ALL correct…is anyone else having this problem? :cry: