Dell 7350 13" FHD 256G Detachable Laptop

Dell 7350 13" FHD 256G Detachable Laptop

1 Like

Does this come with the key board?

1 Like

It’s a Detachable Laptop…so, yes that includes the keyboard.

1 Like

It is a valid question as they (Woot) have been selling the SE model for the last few days for about $30 cheaper, if I remember correctly, but it didn’t include the keyboard. And from online reviews there are no I/O ports on the tablet portion so without the keyboard it is a bit less desirable.

2 Likes

Just bought this a few weeks ago from Woot. Pretty good machine for the price. A few observations:

Battery at full charge is only about 3 hours, not 10. But it’s a refurb and I’m sure they didn’t put in a new battery. Not an issue for me since it’s for virtual kindergarten and my son will have outlets available all the time.

This machine DOES NOT have an ethernet port. WIFI only. (maybe a mod could fix that?)

Win 10 setup was a breeze. No code input necessary. Just start it up and enter some basic info.

[i][MOD: correct, not ethernet. Updated. ][/i]
1 Like

Is there a rear facing camera?

1 Like

Nope. No rear facing camera.

Oh, and the dell refurbished site also has these for sale at $379. But!!! if you use promo code: 2020AUGDEAL4 you get free shipping and $125 off. My total with tax came out to $270.83. Beats Woots price ($320 with tax) by almost $40.

Edit: However, Dell’s machine is running windows 8.1 Pro. Woots has windows 10 pro. If you care about that sort of thing.

4 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Can I get a warranty with this?

That part is a pretty big difference. Windows 8.1 is EOL in under 2.5 years.

Woot has 90 day warranty, Dell has 100 day warranty.

1 Like

True, but I think it’s still possible to upgrade 8 to 10 for free.

1 Like

It’s that true? Because if is possible price is a big difference .

Got 1 at Newegg (open box) for about the same price several years ago, however, this one has a 256Gb SSD, mine only had 128G. I did buy the keyboard dock battery for about $40, which extends the battery life. I though we’d use the touch screen more than we do, but it’s nice especially for scrolling. Can be fussy with small icons in W10. I do have a wireless bluetooth mouse, which is nice. I do feel that W10 is a slug!

As of April you could. Not sure about now.

3 Likes

It is odd that that feature is listed twice, but according to the Dell site, there’s no ethernet port to be found on this setup.
You could get a gigabit to USB 3.0 adapter… Make sure it’s a true USB 3.0, otherwise it defeats the gigabit purpose, which is speed.

You’re absolutely correct. We’ve updated the listing. Thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

Warning, these Intel M-*** CPUs are slow as hell! My previous laptop had one of these CPUs and there’s a world of difference between it and a speedier Core i-*** one. :turtle:

1 Like

I guess it depends on what you want it for. So far, web browsing, videos, kids games it’s speed is just fine. If you want this for heavier duty programs, maybe not so great. But for an older 300 dollar machine, you probably shouldn’t expect blazing speed.

To clarify, Gigabit really only matters when transferring files or communicating with other devices internally within your network, in most cases a home network based on this device type. This has no bearing on your speed when on the Internet facing public websites. The limits would be associated with your internet provider, which for most is a few hundred Megabytes. Although Gigabit is available for residential now.

1 Like