Dell CB1C13 11.6" Intel 16GB Chromebook

Dell CB1C13 11.6" Intel 16GB Chromebook

DANGER WILL ROBISON, DANGER!

Chromebook NO LONGER supported. This is just a fancy, exploitable paperweight.

1 Like

…unless you put a real OS on it like Linux. With a Passmark score of just over 1400, I would stay away from using this for anything other than very light web browsing. That being said, this is the faster of the two Dell Chromebooks. The other’s Passmark is an even 1000.

My wife and I have been using a couple old HP 14" Chromebooks with the exact same CPU/GPU and the same RAM (that we bought as refurbs from Woot) for years, and I can tell you that Minecraft performs very nicely on this machine under Crouton. Of course, that’s with the stock resource pack… I doubt it could handle a 128pixel resource pack upgrade and still be usable.

It should perform even better once I flash a more usable bootloader and install a full Linux distribution on it (to run it natively).

If 90% of what you’d do is using a web browser, this machine should be powerful enough. It’s a real shame that Google dropped support so early, as these things are more powerful than almost any of the “N” based Celerons used in the other Chromebooks.

The one thing I haven’t found out yet is if the SSD can be upgraded (I upgraded the one in my HP to 256GB). I guess I’ll find out after I get them as I ordered 2. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And if you can do that, my warning is irrelevant. My warning is for people who aren’t as technically inclined and are buying this thinking that the stock OS is still supported.