Dell Inspiron 17.3" AMD A8 Quad-Core Laptops

Unfortunately that’s the crappy standard (1600x900) for the economy version of a 17.3" display. It’s 106 pixels per inch which is on par with the crappy 15.6" 1366x768 at 100 PPI. It disgusts me because I am a total pixel whore.

What? You don’t like to see and count each individual pixel? /s

What’s the warranty? I don’t see that anywhere.

I bought one the last time and right out of the box, I got the 4 beeps of the apocalypse. I managed to get it running very nicely for a few days when it crashed on me again. Very sad as it was a nice laptop. WOOT Customer Service was very nice and I am shipping it back.

In the Features tab, at the top there’s a widget for an extended warranty through Square Trade and allllllll the way down at the bottom of Features, there’s also a 90 Woot warranty listed.

Does this model have that weird, dockable Dell connector on the underside ? No can tell, cuz all they show are the pretty colors…

Blu-Ray carries with it some pretty nasty royalties. Simply put - it’s cheaper for them to just install a DVD-RW than a BD-ROM drive. Old article, but helps with the idea: Blu-ray victory means royalties, royalties, royalties - CNET

It does not. I bought one of these last run a few weeks ago - no docking connector on it.

Bought this last time…it is sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Even with super speedy Fios up/downloading speeds. But once loaded, programs take f-o-r-e-v-e-r to open. Shoot, the computer itself takes forever to boot up. Turn it on or start up a program, then go take a shower, put in a load of laundry, make some coffee…and when you’re done, it might be up and running.

That being said, when I tripped over my dog and shifted my weight to land on it instead of him and completely demolished the screen…it was surprisingly easy to just shrug it off because I didn’t spend much in the first place.

Is there a HDMI port, please?

No backlit keyboard for this model. (Learned that by checking an earlier post.)

Same here…I’ve been using BD-R and BD-RE media for storage for years. Kinda shed a tear as the price for SD media >= 32GB got lower and lower, as it is generally less “hassle” to manipulate/transport/access than 25GB or 50GB Blu-ray discs.

From the specs:

I/O Ports:

HDMI: 1
USB 3.0: 1
USB 2.0: 2
RJ-45: 1
Combo Headphone/Mic Jack: 1

Thank you!

So you are we supposed to believe that if the price DID go down… you wouldn’t have complained about that!!!

Thank you woot for not responding to my support question now these are almost sold out. I guess expecting a response within 8 hours is too much to ask!

Our CS team responds to emails within 24hrs. Is there something specific you were wondering about this offer?

That would be the 5400 RPM hard drive. Slap in a solid state drive and all those things you said will go away…

Not anymore.

I ordered 2 of these 2 weeks ago. I received one rather quick and the other has not been shipped. I then get an email today stating I’m getting a refund for the laptop I ordered 2 weeks ago. So you guys forget to send my second laptop and give it to someone else first I’m assuming then ignore the problem for 2 weeks then refund me? Customer service A+.