Dell Latitude 14.1" Intel Core i5 Laptop

I ordered and had to return one of these about a month ago as it does not have the Super Multi drive advertised. Computer itself was fine, but needed the writer. Came with a DVD reader.

Just FYI

I would recommend buying direct from Crucial.com or Kingston.com. These are major manufacturers of RAM. Avoid “PNY” brand, which is carried in big box stores. PNY does not manufacture RAM, or anything, they only slap a label on it, and if there is ever a warranty issue, with PNY it is like you have no warranty. I know this from sad experience.

Kingston has loused up their website at present. So avoid them too right now, they have lost a sale or many right now. So here is the page you need:

Since 8GB is the maximum specified for this model, Crucial only lists kits up to 8GB. Stick with the 8GB. 16GB could work as noted above but nobody will officially support that. Warranty with 16GB may not be valid at all.

There are five 8GB kits listed from $59.99 to $67.99. Any will work here. Go high or low. The high one could be 0.5% faster in this machine for 8 dollars more. Your choice! (I would go lowest price, but absolutely direct from Crucial.)

If you buy direct from Crucial you will never have a warranty problem with them because they will have your order on file, and you get their direct support. You probably will never need warranty or support.

If you don’t know how to change the RAM sticks, the Service Manual linked above has clear step by step instructions and outline drawings. It’s easy, but you need to be careful and follow exactly step by step.

If upgrading to a ssd how does os get reinstalled?

You would call Dell and request the restore discs; this model should come with them already. I have the same one/model that I ordered about 4 yrs ago and it came with them.

I agree! This will be my second one, only difference being my current one has a SSD drive.

does this have a tpm chip to enable? or does it come enabled?

Thank you!