Dell Latitude 15.6" E6530 Laptop + Dock

Anyone have an estimate as to how much $$ to double the memory to 16gb?

Really? I use Bluetooth mice and keyboards on my devices (including my desktop), data xfer between Bluetooth devices, etc, not sure if maybe all those wired devices you use to has cut off the blood flow to your brain but blue tooth is useful. Not to mention if someone, like me, Bluetooth tethers their phone to the device for internet access. Lots of uses for blue tooth.

Ark says that this processor has the Intel 4000 graphics, not the 4400 as indicated in the specifications for this laptop.

Ark?

These specs came from our vendor.

Gotcha. I’ll send a note to the team. Thanks!

Update: And it’s fixed.

I use a E6430 with the same docking station at work and the Intel 4000 graphics do a wonderful job driving a 30" monitor at 2560x1600 via the dock’s DisplayPort connection.

I had a Dell Esomethingoranother (6400 I think) that my employer provided me for a number of years. One Friday afternoon I got up from the table to get something and my 3 year old dumped a glass of orange juice right on top of the keyboard. I literally heard a sizzle and saw steam. I pulled the battery and removable bits and threw it in a box with 10 pounds of rice over the weekend. I was absolutely stunned when the damn thing fired up on Monday morning. I used the machine for a little over a year until the company upgraded me.

Probably at least $120 based on today’s RAM prices.

Anyone know if this has a back-lit keyboard?

I just got one of the new Dell Latitude 14 E5440 for $699, with the following: Intel Core i5-4310U 2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M 2GB graphics, DVD burner… I know it’s a bit more expensive but they also have the i3 for $499.

Ordered one of these and was pleased with it. However, within a month, the backspace key popped off… I’m currently on the phone with Dell support trying to get it replaced under warranty. They keep asking me what company name it is registered under, but I have no idea. Seems like these were purchased, registered, and resold. Any idea how I am supposed to proceed?

Probably to us.

Wooters that purchase Dells will most likely need to transfer ownership to get warranty coverage. When they get the Dell item, it is registered to Woot.

Here’s my post explaining this. (Thanks to Brian Parker)

http://computers.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=6002250

You just need to the ownership from Woot to you. Dell registers the unit to us first.

Once you transfer ownership, you’ll be good to go on that warranty.