Dell Latitude E7450 14" Intel i5 Laptop

Um. Is this E7450 or E7440? The description does not match the headline and neither does the specs page (both say E7440)

It’s got a Broadwell processor, so that would make it an E7450. Which has a much better keyboard.

And it is 10 more than an E7440.

Any update from Woot staff?

I’m, like, 97.2% sure that Phishneslo is correct, but 100% would be better in basing a decision.

This is an E7450. We changed that on the sales page now.

Couldn’t pull the trigger when I first saw this up for sale as I was on conference calls. Came back later and saw it sold out.

On a hunch I just refreshed page and saw them back and snagged on for my daughter leaving for college next month. I myself have 4 of the 7440 model for work and am a big fan of this line.

Hi,is the keyboard LED Backlit? Operating System is win7 pro or win8.1 pro?

Has a Fingerprint Reader?

Keyboard is not backlit. We will note it in the specs if it is.

OS is Genuine Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)

No fingerprinte reader.

The 2 I purchased came with windows 8.1 Pro and not Windows 7.

1 had a fingerprint reader, 1 did not.

Both only have a 1 year warranty that started on June 29th, 2015 instead of the 3 yr warranty in the description. I’ve got an open request to Woot customer service about this. This was the main reason for purchasing these.

Same here. Came with 8.1. How freaking hard is it to describe the OS correctly?

What about the warranty? Is it 3 years?

Yes, 3yr Dell warranty.

I checked with Dell and both of the laptops I purchased only have a 1 year warranty, of which has 11 months remaining.

I was asking Abagadro if their laptop came with a 3 year warranty.

The warranty is initially set to the date of manufacture.

Make sure you transfer ownership from Woot to you. Dell registers the unit to us first.
Once you transfer ownership, you’ll be good to go on that warranty.

Dell Transfer Website:
http://www.dell.com/support/retail/us/en/04/ownershiptransfer/IdentifySystem

RE: The Operating System

It looks like we had Win 8 Pro listed in the features and Win 7 Pro listed in the specs. I grabbed the info from the specs while I was looking up the keyboard info.

I’m letting CS know about this error.

Win 8 Pro does have downgrade rights to Win 7. If you don’t want to go through all that though, please use the Support form linked at the top of the page to contact customer support for options.

I’ve submitted the transfer request for both laptops. I’ll let you know in 7-10 days if it transfers to a the 3 year warranty.

I don’t even know where to check on the warranty to see what it is. I filled out the transfer (would be nice to have a heads up about that part without someone bringing it up in comments) and will see what happens.

Warranty transferred. Still only 1 year. Received a response from Woot customer service stating that they would reimburse me for any charges should I need a repair during years 2 & 3. Disappointed Woot.