Dell Latitude E7470 14" QHD Intel i7 Laptop

Dell Latitude E7470 14" QHD Intel i7 Laptop

Note that the “U” on this processor means it’s been “gimped” and is not as efficient as it’s desktop (non “u”) counterpart.

How big of an impact with processor being “gimped”? Is keyboard backlit?

Here’s the Passmark page for the CPU

2 Likes

I paid $670 for this exact model on the mother ship last July. It’s been great so far. Primarily used for MS Office 365, Quicken, and web surfing.

4 Likes

To be fair, the “U” versions of the processor are “gimped” so they use much less power and provide much longer battery life. The i7 6600u in this laptop uses only 25 wats of power.

The non-gimped i7 6770hq processor uses 45 watts of power. That’s almost double.

You’re trading off raw processing power for battery life and that’s a choice each person needs to weigh and decide for themselves. Also, some of the additional processing power of the 6770hq comes from the fact that it has 4 cores versus the 2 cores of the 6600u. If your applications or games aren’t optimized for multiple cores, then the 6770hq won’t be as big a step up from the 6600u as it may seem.

4 Likes

A Passmark score of 4802 is quite reasonable for a business-class machine. It will surf the web without issue, allow you to edit documents, and do most day-to-day computer chores. It will not, however, run the latest games at amazingly high levels of detail.

In short, you are making too much of an issue about this having a “U” processor.

2 Likes

This is a gen 6 dual core processor VS the current gen 10 8 core. It is fine for plenty of normal business functions, but don’t pop the champagne for finding an i7 for less the $500.

1 Like

I am debating whether to buy here or Amazon for $499.99. Anyone know if the 1 Year Verified Systems Solutions warranty is included with the Woot deal? If not, the Square Trade 1 Year Protection Plan for $79.99 here is surpassed by the ASURION 2 Year Laptop Accident Protection Plan with Tech Support for $63.99 with the Amazon deal.

Yes it is, which is why it’s listed with the deal. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, I have never seen that warranty included by Woot before now.

1 Like

Different products have different warranties.

Some offered by Woot, some by the manufacturer, and some are from a 3rd party.

1 Like