Dell Optiplex 3040 Micro 500GB Desktop

Dell Optiplex 3040 Micro 500GB Desktop

CAUTION! My machine arrived with a Windows 10Pro version that could not be activated! The refurbisher has used this key too many times according to Microsoft support (2 hours on the phone to find this out…) so treat this as a blank machine without a valid OS! You’ll need to buy a new key for Win10 Pro at $200!!
Also, the Dell support info included in the box is not legitimate. Called Dell Refurbished support and they claimed that this machine was NOT factory refurbished by them so they would not honor any warranty. This product is clearly misrepresented in the ad by Woot.

I’m very sorry for the issues with the license. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Similar problem. Said my windows 10 licenses is about to expire have (never heard this before and have 2 laptops and an old desktop with Windows 10 on all of them as does my wife’s), and when I tried the windows updater to extend windows to al least 2021, the software updater finally said this computer did not qualify - after spending 2-3 hours trying to update windows,. Seems to a con by Woot and their owner Amazon… Do not buy this unless you want to spend more money buying a legitimate copy of Windows 10. I purchased through Amazon so will complain to them, but …

“you’re currently running a version of Windows that’s nearing the end of service. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 to get the latest features and security improvements.”

Response from Windows update site

I’m sorry. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service. I’m reaching out to the computer team.

I’m very irritated at this. The specs say this has an available M.2 slot, so I ordered an M.2 SSD drive, which I am now stuck with.

The description also said this was factory refurbished, but the sticker said it was refurbished by FedEx.

This is the third time I ordered something from Woot that did not match the description.

I’m very sorry. pleas reach out to Woot! Customer Service.