DeLonghi 10-Cup Thermal Cafe and Coffee Maker

my office has one, it’s ok. but like others said, some things you don’t buy used …

There are some pretty poor reviews on epinions, to the tune of 1.5 stars.

I’d wager that a lot of the cores used to refurbish these units are from all the broken ones purchased at Starbucks.

I’m not too big on refurbished coffee makers. You never know if some guy tried to make coffee with pee, broke it, and sent it back.

4:35 am

I awoke this morning not to the sun, but to a realization. The realization that today was the first day that I could run the banks of the muddy Missouri without the fear of drowning in it. I couldn’t sleep, not with this opportunity ahead of me.

As I flipped on the switch in the kitchen I was blinded by the 5 brand new 60 watt bulbs my woman had installed without fear of monetary repercussion. With my eyes still sealed shut I pulled out me spit-drenched mouth guard and poured myself a tall glass of orange juice.

While sipping my juice I popped open the lid of my new VAIO and checked the weather before my run. 44 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. The perfect morning.

Of course, no morning is complete without my daily dose of Woot Deals. So I zoom through the process of checking the main site (not too interesting) and then quickly skip through the ever-amusing (ever-lasting) transition screen to good old Yahoo.

Cock A Doodle Doo

Hmm… What a beautiful coffee-maker!

I quickly browsed the copy below hoping for a quick giggle from their ever-charming wit. At the bottom of the first paragraph I spotted the link. Another deal! Another Woot! This is my lucky day.

As soon as I click on the link the tinny explosion of sound screams out into the morning quiet:

Who loves the chocolate?
Everyone loves the chocolate

I quickly pound the backspace key in an attempt to stop the incessant noise, but somehow the flash player has overridden my standard browser controls. Being new to the world of VAIO I fumble around the sides of the computer searching for the volume controls. Nothing! I can’t find a thing.

Nobody hates the chocolate
cos’ everyone loves the chocolate!

Suddenly I remember the mysterious S1 button at the top of the keyboard. Islam my finger into it guaranteeing that if it doesn’t work this time it will never work again. The music stops and my morning returns.

No money for Woot this morning!

After turning off the computer and lacing up my sneakers, I’m out the door and on the street. I realize that it’s Tuesday when I see that the pie shop under my apartment is closed and rejoice in the realization that I will not spend the morning fighting off another pop-country remix as I head down to the trail.

4:58 am

The morning air is cool, but even with the strong wind blowing off the water it isn’t too cold for my lungs. As I head down the first stretch of the trail a train blows past and the sound of the rails fills my ears. I race faster to beat it, but eventually it passes by and chugs off into the distance. As I watch it speed off, I become aware of the quietness again. It is peaceful, but somehow different this time.

I realize that I am humming something through my nose to the beat of my feet slamming on the pavement. What is that, I wonder? And then it hits me… so terribly monotonous that it runs on a loop. Worse than any banana-phone or lamb-chop sing-a-long before it.

Who loves the chocolate?
Everyone loves the chocolate
Nobody hates the chocolate
cos’ everyone loves the chocolate!

Thanks Woot for ruining my perfect morning and the beginning to what could have been the perfect day! And to think I considered applying for your St. Louis position!

Poor fella. Nice read though

They got similar things on ebay to this, same brand and all, for like 30 bucks and cheaper…

They have these at BIG LOTS for $19.99.

LOLZ

Anyway, A refurbed coffee maker? Ummmm it probably has std’s.

Am I down with OPP? No, not really!

They call the a 'Bonus free item"

Normally you have to pay extra, for in a refurb its included for free!

best comments in a long time… i love the chocolate.

You people are nuts I saw only good reviews on amazon and nothing coming close to this price on ebay!

what is this song i am reading?

is it on the wootcast or…??

i’m confused. never listened to a wootcast though. what IS the wootcast?