De'Longhi 4-in-1 Portable AC 480 Sq Ft

De'Longhi 4-in-1 Portable AC 480 Sq Ft

Bought a similar model by the same company 2 years ago on woot. After a year it built up ice in the condenser abs grenaded itself. Repair is almost impossible unless you live near a major city. Not worth the money. Avoid this company

Before you buy these types of air conditioners please take into consideration that while it cools the air in a room the warm exhausted (to outdoors) air MUST be replaced in the room that you are trying to cool. This means that one way or another warm air from outside is being drawn into your home, under doors, around windows, through an open door or window… Does this make sense to you? I didn’t think so. The unit removes moisture from the air, it stores that water in a reservoir, you must empty that reservoir when the Units stops working. You do this by taking the AC unit OUTSIDE to drain it. Also from my experience the plastic vent tube that vents the air outside lasts about 1 season and it is expensive to replace. I learned my lessons the hard way. I hope you read this an make a smarter decision than I did. I just bought a windows AC unit https://www.costco.com/Danby-6K-BTU-Window-Air-Conditioner—DAC060EB3WDB.product.100488856.html . It COSTS LESS, it is efficient and it is smart! You can control it via Alexa and from your phone wherever you are! This means that you can start the AC unit when you leave work and the room will be cool when you get home.

Although the upstairs of a house requires a little more cooling power, a single hose will suck out the heat of the upstairs, and pull some of the cooler air from downstairs. You could just get an exhaust fan, and save some money, and power. But it does cool. I used a 10,000 btu unit to cool off the 550 sq foot loft above the stairs, on a 100 degree day. It got it to 80 deg. You just have to have it set on a timer, to come on at noon, and shut off in the evening, when you open the windows up.
A little air is pulled from the downstairs, but the downstairs AC only has to come on like 20 minutes more/day.
BTW: Window AC units can be used to suck out the heat as well, provided that more of the unit is mounted inside of the house.
Oh, and portable AC units evaporate the majority of the humidity. Unless you live in an extreme humid climate, then the reservoir never fills up…Unless you use the dehumidifier, then it fills up fast.