De'Longhi 4-in-1 Portable AC 700 Sq Ft

De'Longhi 4-in-1 Portable AC 700 Sq Ft

Before you buy these types of air conditioners please take into consideration that while it cools the air in a room the warm exhausted (to outdoors) air MUST be replaced in the room that you are trying to cool. This means that one way or another warm air from outside is being drawn into your home, under doors, around windows, through an open door or window… Does this make sense to you? I didn’t think so. The unit removes moisture from the air, it stores that water in a reservoir, you must empty that reservoir when the Units stops working. You do this by taking the AC unit OUTSIDE to drain it. Also from my experience the plastic vent tube that vents the air outside lasts about 1 season and it is expensive to replace. I learned my lessons the hard way. I hope you read this an make a smarter decision than I did. I just bought a windows AC unit https://www.costco.com/Danby-6K-BTU-Window-Air-Conditioner---DAC060EB3WDB.product.100488856.html. It COSTS LESS, it is efficient and it is smart! You can control it via Alexa and from your phone wherever you are! This means that you can start the AC unit when you leave work and the room will be cool when you get home.

1 Like

Was going to say the same thing as Kukison. The single vent ACs are not efficient at all. There exist dual vent versions that are a better choice. And as Kukison says, window ones are also much more efficient.

Is there a way to hook up a hose and drain the water that way?

Can condensation be drained into a pan or bowl? Surely you don’t have to physically take the 70lb unit down the stairs and outside each time to drain?

I’ve always drained my unit in the shower as it is in the bedroom. Never had to drag it outside.

These units evaporate the majority of the water. But if you are using the dehumidifier, or it’s very humid that day, then it don’t evap, and goes straight for the tank. Keep in mind, if you live in a hum envir.

Right, to echo this point - there are different classes of Portable A/Cs. You need to make sure that you get a fully-evaporative A/C. That said, there’s always going to be some water left in the unit. You’ll need to drain this, at minimum, at the end of the season.
Check out the article below. it may help you make a decision on whether or not this is for you…

What Kukison said!!!. When i looked for units for my office/game room, the MAIN feature i looked for was dual hose since single hose units are very inefficient. Though, if you could find where it intakes the air to cool the condensor, i supposed you could try to add a second hose yourself if you could isolate that intake and connect to a window, lol

How much current does it draw?

I had one of these exact ones for several years and it was great. I live in a loft with a sliding glass door and no windows. So no window unit. I also live in Seattle so no humidity (really) so I only had to drain it once a year and did so into a bowl. My loft is 1,300 square feet and it cooled all but the far corner of the unit very sufficiently. I bought it at Costco and sold it after 5 years for $300. The accordion tube did wear out and was a ■■■■■ to replace, otherwise, no issues at all. (I replaced it with a Frigidare because of looks and wifi connection.)