Delphi XM Radio Roady XT with Car Kit

MAy not matter if they merge

$24.99 new at WalMart. Darn they have come down in price from when I got mine…

Hell, I wish I could still FIND a RoadyXT at Wal-Mart. Probably would have gotten one a long time ago as a back up to my Inno.

Great Deal (Refurb with cheap shipping…) if you are in the market for one.
No XM Radio Subscription, no Woot tonight…

TWG

What is the deal with the FM transmitter? The reason I would want to get this is because my radio doesn’t pick up any frequencies that are farther than 20 feet away, so I only get two stations. Would this affect my reception?

Do they ever have Sirius players on woot?

Not sure what you’re asking. It won’t prevent you from getting any AM/FM stations if that’s what you’re asking.

I’m asking if not getting a quality reception on par with what a normal car would get will affect the reception I’d get with XM. Does it need a good FM signal from an antenna on my car to work properly?

Oh, you’re saying your car antenna is weak, right? Well, I think it should work so long as you’re not placing the radio too far away from the antenna. There are other ways of installing it that I’m sure can be found on the Internet. It also comes with a cassette adapter if you have a tape deck.

Link? I see one on there for $28, then the car kit is another $41

can anyone tell me how this one compares to the Audiovox Xpress EZ that I just got for xmas but have not opened yet? I was thinking of getting this gift installed tomorrow but will wait to get this one if it is better? Any ideas or comparisons would be appreciated!!

i bought my Roady XT from walmart recently for $20, brand new in box, last one left :slight_smile:

Did it come with a car kit like this one? Im trying to figure out if this is a good deal or not.

i got myne for 60 at walmart :frowning: now ive got a delphi skyfi which i love with a passion!!! ive had XM for about a year and a half now and its just amazing! I listen to techno/trance very often which is the main reason I got XM… Also if you have an account and decide to get a second radio u get the 2nd radio subscription at like 6 bucks and the first one at 13 or 14 not sure which i forget now… about the FM transmitter, VERY handy in small towns, very unuseful in large cities or areas with the 88.#'s all taken up. Right now I use the FM transmitter but its staticy a lot of the time and I’m just waitin for the right deal to wire directly to my Alpine deck.

kind of sad
its cheaper here

Great deal bought mine for 50 bucks at Sears. I love it the subscription is 13 bucks a month. In large cities such as Boston and New York they have repeaters throughout the city which prevents loss of signal. Only problem for me is finding an open frequency because my car has a CD player as opposed to a cassette deck. However, if you have an aftermarket deck with line in then the roadyXT comes with the line in cord so you can hook it up like that!

Oh and Yes you can listen to a promo station without buying the subscription. It’s XM channel 1 and they just tell you about whats on XM and about all the different stations

One more comment that surprizingly woot forgot to include: The roadyXT actually has 7 backlight colors to match the interior of your car. There’s white, red, green, light blue, dark blue and some others that I forget.

XM all the way

The best bet is to go to each website and look at the full list of channels. XM has all baseball and college and GREAT techno dance channels. Sirius has the NFL. So that may sway your vote. XM has Oprah I believe also. Not sure which has Howard Stern, I think Sirius.

I love XM, stream it all day at work, in the car, and listen online at home free on the web (for subscribers).