Derby #13: Halloween

Love it. Long live the Puffs.

Neat! Nice take on my idea, I like the coloring job, but I agree the shirt is a little odd. And the mask isn’t really obvious that it’ s a kid mask. Maybe a full face mask? And do monsters need pants? I like the purple fur. I don’t think this sucks badly at all. :slight_smile:

Agree with AttilatheMom on the mask issue - full face (maybe even flesh colored or with a fringe of blonde hair - if you could fit it into the 6 color limit) would get the point across a bit better IMO. The balled fist does make it look a bit more like crying than yawning, maybe opening the hand could fix that. I also think the monster could use a nose or snout. He’s cute as it is, but I think that it looks a bit funny with that missing (of course, he is a monster so it’s not technically necessary).

Overall I like the color choices and the roughness, the monster’s shirt and pantslessness look fine to me, and I think you did the idea justice.

I thought so too. Maybe having his hand open and covering his mouth instead of rubbing his eye would get that across better.

oh, right.

BRAND NEW REAL-TEE TEMPLATE, VERSION 5!

…ahem, that is all.

Finished my design last night. I think i’m going to do better this week.
Hopefully…

Hey all,

At long last, my online portfolio!!!.

Check it out to see my past derby entries (and perhaps a preview of my current derby entries :wink:

Big props to IMCOMPA for helping me get it together!!

Uh hmmm… no props for showing ya that Lightbox script?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: j/k

Looks good…

Yes yes I know I rock. Let’s see how well I can do as an anonymous entrant this derby…

Big props for CW who helped me with the cool photo preview effects! (extra props for being from AZ)

love the Halloween preview! This is going to be a blast.

any thoughts on this design?

thanks!

http://xf0.xanga.com/9cac1b57c7d33152837806/w114114176.jpg

hah that’s neat, creepy but neat
might want to move that candy below him, looks like he’s shitting and that’s a huge pile of shit or something…

Any suggestions on my scarecrow?
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8387/scarecrow1cp5.jpg

cranberry Dr. J. cranberry

Thanks, I’m definately going to try to get away from abstract for a while and stick to making shirts that make me laugh :wink:

I like the idea, but (however juvenile) I can’t get over the impression that he has a pole up his a**. Plus, physically speaking, that would be an impressive feat to balance it like that without leaning the rake against something.

Like the detail on the scarecrow body and face itself though. And contrary to others, I think the shirt color choice is fine.

or the english version: long live the poufs.

Yeah, I’d have to agree. For me it’s not the huge pile in the back, but rather the small pieces (crumbs?) in front of him that look a little off.

it looks like the kid is pooing because right under him is a bunch of little poos.