Derby #18: Patterns

:3 I think I have mine good luck guys!

Happy holidays guys be safe!

hopefully this derby will produce some really interesting shirts. the last two or three derby winners have been so terrible

I’m new at this. How do you submit a design?

Wait till tomorrow at Noon CST and go to shirt.woot.com/derby and there will be a submit link.

Too bad they don’t do belt printing here. This is the perfect topic for it.

My first reaction to this is kind of a literal take on houndstooth:

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/658161_soapt/houndstooth-vectors-draft1.jpg

Any comments on this? I’m especially curious to know what your reactions are to the color palette.

As a 2x2 image, two colors [ 0 and 1 ]:
bitmapped data:
Enlarge to 4"x4" [and tile]. I’d suggest 0 be white and 1 be black, but feel free to change it [and the size]!

[yes, this is a serious submission of a checker pattern with 2"x2" squares]

Note: Unfortunately I can’t actually submit this because I can’t create the sample images easily. If someone at woot wants to manually enter this, I’d be happy :wink:

I had to take the initiative and make the 8bit fireball + a fractal :slight_smile: I’m sure some peoples could do better. What do you think? Should I change anything about it?

That’s hard on the eyes

I know :smiley: I’m not planning on submitting it. I don’t think it looks that good. I am going to agree I can’t even look at in on a bright monitor.

First thing I saw was a swastika in the design…

goldfish… i knew it. the candy corn shoulda been a dead giveaway.

I really like this and houndstooth is awesome, but you might want to look around a bit because i know i have seen this on a shirt before (a few times).

I have my design… Tell me what you think. I used my company logo <=== not copyrighted…

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x31/bone1977/shirt.gif

I am so stumped. I have a ton of ideas…none of which I can implement because I’m just not that great of an illustrator.

i wonder how everyone is going to mess this derby up…
since woot said no words that means theres only one resort…
stupid ass pirate and ninja jokes

That sucks, all my googling has been able to come up with is shirts for dogs :slight_smile: Thanks for the tip, I’ll see if I can make this a little more unique looking.

On edit: Actually, given that they’ve printed the Starbucks parody despite a wealth of similar shirts, I’m not sure changes are really necessary. (I’m sort of kidding… in a way…)

I was thinking about making one with nothing but carpet and a window with drapes, and both having mismatched patterns. But I realize it would be rejected for not being pg-13

I always liked the golden ratio…

Yeah, parody the crap out of the houndstooth!