Derby #19: Travel

email Joel?

Woundup Inc. would like to offer their support to this theme. Itā€™s a good 'un!

We wonder if non-physical forms of travel could be pursued as an idea.

I agree those two points are the basis for rejection. Iā€™d stick close to those. IMO

Alright Browncoats. Iā€™ve got a real shiny idea, but Iā€™m gonna be away from the cortex until Sunday night, which will mean a pretty late submission. Now that doesnā€™t have to be a bad thing. It just means more time to make it all purdy.
Iā€™ll be spending a lot of time navigating to one of the rim-worlds with my companion of a girlfriend. So, just as long as donā€™t insist on gabbing my ears off the whole time, I should be able to do lots of thinking to make sure this job is done right. Doma?

man, i was really hoping to get a great Vegas shirt out of this one, but iā€™m not seein it. if you have the mad skilz out there im in for 3.

The cogs shirt that got rejected sounds like itā€™ll work well with this. They should resubmit that for this one.

cool theme, in for another

You could technically try to squeeze your ā€œluke kim in the red light districtā€ idea into this topic.

what could it hurt? hours of wasted time designing it only to have it rejected :wink:

itā€™s coolā€¦iā€™ve got an idea i want to submit directly to woot, so iā€™ll probably just do that unless i can think of something more directly fitting this theme.

Oooh, I LIKE this. :slight_smile:

First idea that came to my mind was a bunch of old people (aka snowbirds) flapping their arms to fly south for the winter.

ROFL Do it!!! Iā€™d love to see that execution!

Would a globe be considered a map?.. hmmmā€¦

If I could draw like James I would. :slight_smile:

I might try it anyway, but Iā€™d need to scan it in at my moms house.

Answer.comā€™s definition of Globe: A sphere on the surface of which is a map of the world. so yes, itā€™s a map. However, I think it needs to be clarified that if we use a globe in midst of the design, not as the primary design, that we are not penalized for it.

Do what needs to be done, chica!

Iā€™m afraid the idea I just came up with, might be subconsciously ripping off a Far Side cartoon. I suppose Iā€™ll run it by you all tomorrow, before I submit it. Do we have any Far Side experts here?

That probably would have been a good one in the last/patterns derby also.

Gil

Iā€™m fairly familiar with Far Side cartoons.

dunno where the f*** iā€™m going with this, but yeah.

niceā€¦ different. I donā€™t know how itā€™s totally related to travelā€¦ but itā€™s on blackā€¦

Yet, I donā€™t know how it would make sense on any other colorā€¦