Derby #21: Winter

How about an original thought without pirates, monkeys, ninjas or zombies?

walks away in disgust

What do you mean by “direct submission”?

Oh wow! This should be fun! =D

I am totally going to submit a blank white shirt titled “ninja in a snowstorm”.

who am i kidding i’ll probably stick with penguins

I was going to send it to woot for approval to be sold as a non-derby shirt (monday-thursday)

ok confused…how do you submit an entry?

I bet even penguins want to go somewhere warm for the winter.

I was hoping for a snowflake theme. I actually have idea’s written down for it. I am excited about the No Text too. I love pictures that convey a message. Like those mags I get . . . ummm, the ones about nature. L O L

You can’t until tomorrow at 12PM CST.

Wait until noon central tomorrow, and go to the derby page, and at the top where it describes the theme, it will have a submit button.

Hmm should be interesting, no text allowed, thats a relief

Is there a special page/link for that?

Pirate penguins vs ninja penguins in a fight for the antartic! … which incidently is in summer right now… so does that disqualify it?

nope, just submit a preview of your design to shirt@woot.com…but if it’s winter themed, they’ll probably tell you to submit it to the derby…they tend to stick to ‘different’ stuff during the week.

Ok - define “no text” does that mean absolutly no leters whatsoever, even if they are graphically significant, but uninformative? For instance… on my Fly the Friendly Skies, theres text, but its not like a slogan or anything…

No text whatsoever. I had a stop sign image on mine, and it was rejected.

hmmmm good question. the last time they said no text they spelled it out very clearly. im hoping this means no text as in your picture must describe itself, not excluding things like “fig. a” or exclamation point over the head type of text.

On what? and how was it rejected already, havent opened submissions yet?

In ‘City Without Words’, there was a no-text stipulation.

His entry had a collage of city-related imagery. One of those images was a stop sign. The entry was rejected because of the letters on the stop sign, even though they were in no way relevant to the design.

No text means no text.