Derby #264: Your Third and Final Wish

Am I overthinking this?
She asked for a big wiener
3 mustards
and now ketchup?

isnt usually the third wish to undo the damage of the other two? at least according to Terry Pratchett, but I think also in other stories.

I think 3 fries.

Although I’m not sure why only three.

I was just thinking of the pitfalls of using a hotdog…

Also the mustards are supposed to be fries. I’m new to this anthro food business :expressionless:

I’m wishing I’d remembered to bring my umbrella.

Oh, I guess that would be my first wish.

But what’s the joke?
(Northerners will tell you you don’t put ketchup on a hotdog, only mustard)

To me, you shouldn’t put anything on it at all. But I realize I’m in the minority on this one.

You could make her wishing for mustard, thus explaining why the fries are happy and the hot dog is sad.

There ya go.

The joke is in the hotdogs reaction. She wished for a hotdog, some fries (both sentient for whatever reason) and then, much to the hotdog’s horror, some ketchup.

Seeing as I just had to write that all out to get it across… I’ll just shelve the idea methinks :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought it was funny to see the hot dog’s reaction when it realized what the third wish was. I do like the idea of switching to mustard. Or, what if the hot dog and the fries huddle together, terrified that they’re about to be eaten.

That’s my first wish.

Homer: I’ll make a wish that can’t backfire! I wish for a turkey sandwich, on rye bread, with lettuce, and mustard, and… I don’t want any zombie turkeys, I don’t wanna turn into a turkey myself, and I don’t want any more weird surprises, you got it! (Homer eats)… Mmm, not bad, nice hot mustard, good bread, turkeys a little dry… THE TURKEY’S A LITTLE DRY!!!

__

quick sketch i came up with that’s very lose (obviously). i really like the composition of the design though.

Wow, this is a tough one since it’s so wide open.

I guess you have to get the point across that there’s a genie involved somehow… and that you’ve already had two wishes. So two other elements in the scene, plus the third one being the punch line (or whatever). TOUGH! Looking forward to seeing what people come up with.

If it helps anybody get inspired, I’m picturing kids and their silly mis-valued wishes, and though overdone, maybe something with a deserted island or roaming lost in the desert itself.

I can’t tell what’s going on here… is someone fishing?

I wish I could beat this game!

http://www.davegraff.com/gamegenie.jpg

My design for the derby… comments and suggestions welcome!

Is this too subtle?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7258/7750506540_c9870e9e17_o.jpg

Unfortunately, that was his fourth wish.