Derby #264: Your Third and Final Wish

Get rid of or change the girls outline. . . As it stands you will likely be rejected.

So I’ve spent the day doing this… and as it stands, can’t say Im particularly happy with it. I hate stuff that looks good in my head and I can never translate to awesomeness. Not really sure what to do to strengthen the image either. I know it needs a background, Im thinking maybe Ill put some trees or something in…

Think you’re going to lose a lot of votes by targeting just men.

Maybe it’s just the amount of sleep I’ve been getting, but… Anyone else see room for a legitimate Dragon Ball reference in this derby?

Yeah! :smiley:

I can’t draw, so…yeah, I get that. :slight_smile: I like this. I’d make the collar a smidge bigger, so it stand out more, and put a genie in the back ground, looking down at his lamp that is half squished in a dino-sized foot print.

Maybe not on cranberry either. Would make the dino pop more…or drop his stripes.

Anime references don’t usually fare well with woot voters from what I’ve seen, unless the “anime” in question is pokemon, or the design features chibi animals…

Thanks for the thoughts, I shall have another go in a while when Im less frustrated XD

Ah! I would probably have gotten that if I were more familiar with the movie business. Carry on!

I agree. You could replace it with lip stick kiss marks.

A couple suggestions, you should get rid of the nipple as that’ll probably get you rejected, maybe add a little bikini string tie on her back or something too and lose the nudity. The point is still made, man wants hot chick.

I also think the lamp he’s holding should be a little bigger or clearer or something.

I like the idea of making the genie stick out, but what’s that red stuff on his face? Maybe make the whole genie himself red, that’ll really highlight him.

Did we mention Drakxxx is this week’s guest editor? Because he totally is.

Yay Drakxxx! :smiley:

//scrambles to create some hellspawn demon creature 3rd wish design.

:happy:

Is it just me, or are a lot of the early entries just random “what I’d wish for” things, if that? Some of them don’t even seem to reference wishes at all, and just portray “cool things” or clever word play (a la the literal genie referenced in SkekTek’s link earlier). Either woot is going to play very loose with the derby theme, or I foresee a ton of rejections for off topic.

That said, there are a handful of clever designs that at least hint at a third wish. Hope to see more.

I don’t think the theme is intended to show 2 fails and a success, it is intended to elicit what your ultimate wish would be knowing that it’s valid and not a trick.
Let the games begin.

Pro Tip: Drakxxx loves long walks, sunsets, and Zamfir (master of the pan flue).

This. I’m not seeing much in most of the designs that would in any way denote them as a third/final/ultimate wish. This week seems to be pretty much “artist’s choice free-for-all” from what I can tell.

Yeah i don’t see the theme in the vast majority of the designs this week.

But i guess if the theme was enforced we would be left with about 5 designs of the ones that have been submitted so far.