Derby #272: College Shirts

Thanks… I’m starting to think the Napolean Dynamite reference is too subtle.

Hmmm… definitely didn’t get that, although I only saw the movie once years ago. Disregard my comment.

I didn’t get Napolean Dynamite at all. Maybe add some details from the movie or a mountain or something in the background. You could also try a play on words with “Alma Mater” maybe “Your Mom’s Alma Mater” or something like that

Don’t take the “low hanging fruit” of woot shirt ideas!

But yea, we all know someone is gonna do it.

Dang. Those “low hanging fruit” ideas tend to get lots of high flying votes., too.

But I am hoping we get something really creative from someone…

I’m just about done. Still need to half-tone this thing:

Super Senior is used with students. _th year is used by staff and faculty.

Nice. I’d like to see some funny or fake roman numerals in the blank spots on the banner. OU812? THX1138? I don’t know. I’m not feeling funny today.

edit- maybe CDXX for 420?

You should do it if you really want, though! I won’t judge. It’s ok, just draw the most beautiful flying penguin ever.

Awesome… THanks! Im a teacher so… Thats where my confusion came form.

My first thought was “Bovine University” and a quick search turned up dozens of similar shirts.

You don’t really expect us to swallow that tripe, do you?

Here’s one of my subs. Does the joke make sense to you guys? Is this offensive? Feedback appreciated

http://beware1984.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/cynic-smartasses-01-e1349397972825.jpg

Here’s one I’m playing around with… not quite done, but…

Any thoughts?

I was pretty pleased with the crowbar infinity symbol! hehe

Yeah, that’s actually better–it’s ex for words beginning with vowels and e for words beginning with consonant.

Thanks! You’ve been really helpful. I appreciate it

Incidentally, this where I’m at with it:

Here’s my design for tomorrow. Looking for comments,input and thoughts.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2333779/intergalactic%20klingon%20university%20comp.png

I doubt woot will print this. They sell kids shirts as well as adult sizes, and this will NOT sell well in the smaller sizes.

While Star Wars is allowed in this derby, the logo is patented, and woot may not be able to print it. Is there another way you can do this? (I’m sure Klingon is allowed).

Damn I was worried about that. I mean it’s just a butt, but I guess “smartasses” could be offensive too. Also though, what about the booze related designs (I have one of those also)? Those are obviously not suitable for children?