Derby #30: Leap Year

Hey everyone, before you all run off to make your 'I <3 Feb 29" shirts, please read :

The rules

Well as history goes, back in the 5th century, it wasn’t normal custom – or really even allowed – for the woman to ask for a mans hand in marriage. It was at this time in Ireland that St. Bridget complained to St. Patrick about the situation and Patrick resolved this issue by setting Feb. 29th as the day it was permissible for woman to ask a man to marry her. Centuries later in 1288, Queen Margaret declared the 29th of feb was the day that a woman may pop the question to “any man she fancy.”

A bit of information that is interesting is for the men who refused it cost them. A kiss, silk dress, and a pair of gloves must be given to the lady who they turned down.

thank you for posting the rules… I think it should be mandatory for them to note them every week.

Another Interesting theme. Looking forward to what people come up with! Thinking…Thinking…Thinking…

Margaret was born in 1283… ^_~ (It’s a myth.)

I also like how in the lemon leap year pic I posted… she appears to be chasing him with a rolling pin. Ahhhhh misogynistic humanity. Will we ever truly be civil?
At least women received something if they got turned down; silk dresses aren’t cheap, I’m sure. I pity the handsome men. It’s all good. =3

Do more mice/rat art. Yours are particularly cute!

This is a great idea, by the way. :slight_smile:

Nice, Derek. I wonder can they make that a sticky? Or something, so that it is easy to refer back to.

Thanks for doing the work in putting that together.

Hey superspryte, since you have first post in this forum, could you edit it and throw in a link to the rules? :wink:

Only because I’m nice. ^_~

Gracias, senorita pequenia

What? Penguin girl? Little penguin? Isn’t that a wine?

Hehe, no problem. You’ll probably have to remind me every week.

Actually I have a good idea that I can do with a few of them. We’ll see how it plays out.

edit: the idea is better than I thought, but perhaps it’s too soon to do another design in that same sketchy style. I’ll do the outline and post it later tonight for criticism.

I’m wearing mine today! I love it.

today is dragontine’s day… how dare you

I’m wearing a black mock turtleneck and blue jeans ala Steve Jobs-o.

I wore mine today too. XD God I love this shirt.

don’t know what i did to get it…but I’ve been put on probee. Josephus try using after dinner (soft)mints or tums,as they have the same properties. I got my design in my head already. good luck every one on this weeks and next. no live trace this time. whaka whaka.

Because everyone’s doing it… I’m wearing my Edgar shirt with a yellow/light blue/white waffle-knit shirt (wtf are these called, really?) underneath it, jeans, and Docs… oh yeah. =p Love the Edgar shirt… most gratuitous use of Woot ink evar! Use up the ink; stick it to the man. :wink: