Derby #303: Nightlife

Rockin, Carl! I love this style, and I hope others do too.

I like this!

I started drawing a weird idea in a 40s jazz club. Got this far before I ran out of steam.

http://www.infinitywave.net/jazzbear-rough.jpg

(color doodle)

Thanks, guys!

I love the looks of trepidation on the band members’ faces. Is that Charlie Parker’s lesser known cousin, Bear? :wink:

Got my vote! Dance you drunken fool dance!

Nice updates. The bar in the background is throwing me, however. Seems a little close to the “action”

Most people like to be close to the bar when they’re looking for action! (dodges rotten tomato)

I originally had nothing but the disco ball, and that was bland. I really need to start working on my backgrounds, I always struggle with them.

Did a quick draw up of an idea I had, the idea being “Dance like nobody’s watching” (inspired by the gf’s dance moves this weekend :stuck_out_tongue: ). Question is, should I leave the eyes on the crowd, or are they a bit too creepy:

Yeah, leave em. It reads better.

Hoorah for more than one round of rejectination!

So many of these look like epic band, bar, &/or pub crawl shirts; I would have voted for more of them if I didn’t dread the inevitable, “So it’s NOT a band shirt? Weird.” My abundant social awkwardness needs no additional fodder. :-/