Derby #350: The Renaissance

I think it contains a forged diamond canister full of alien queen acidic blood, with a note that says “may contain nuts” :relaxed:

The no pop culture rule should stop most of the obvious ones :slight_smile:

I knew it was a head U____U

Cool, the Renaissance, a chance to give a shout out to some of the greatest artists in history! I predict ninja turtles. (Hey, they seem to sell well). As far as the box, maybe a hermetically sealed copy of the first shirt printed? :slight_smile: Good luck everyone!

Italian Renaissance or English?

Thanks chief. If Joel has grown too fond to part with it I will understand. :slight_smile:

Italian or Northern is fine.

If it weighs 8 pounds you might be right!

Inspiration: http://the-toast.net/2014/04/03/two-monks-invent-renaissance-art/

Lolololol… “like a baby?” “no just a tiny man people will get it.” I dunno why they didn’t discover that babies have huge heads until later in art history.

Sweet. I’m pretty sure I can draw an ugly baby. Or maybe an ugly sweater of ugly babies…

No modern Pop Culture rule this week.

Would that be a Woot shirt, or a beta.shirt.woot shirt?

Mind if I source from the 12th century?

I couldn’t resist. :stuck_out_tongue:

The Renaissance Penguin

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Does it make sense?

I may have bitten off more than I can chew for this derby… Fingers crossed I finish in time- :smiley:

dat box…

Lovely colors- and dem flying penguins have a near endless fanbase here- :slight_smile: Good luck- great look.

It cracked me up- :wink: - Bartolomeo is another renaissance artist though- so I wonder if another first name would work better- something random like Theonardo - Bernardo … Maynardo- I don’t know. ha

Is it a Pangolin in the box?