Derby #36: Text As Art

The Derby #36 Cyberpub. If we’re not here, check over there. All are welcome.

First time here? Want to submit an entry and maybe forgot something? Think you’re good to go? Read these rules for rejection compiled by derekfilley anyway.

Yay Text! Wait…

Actually, this could bring out a lot of nifty stuff… I’m gonna work on two things tonight.

Ah…text shirts. This should bring out some interesting entries.

Hee. I started to do that for the Canada derby, just for fun, but it never went anywhere.

edit: The start of a fill or something: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/alexandreazenne/canadatextthingy.jpg

Huh…I had one worked up already…not that it’s any good or whatnot…time for color!

Interesting… I like it…

Hmmmm…somebody with a little inside info jump the gun here?

Maybe I should submit a tree spelling out something? hmmmmm

Too bad he already submitted at Uneetee. or is it DBH. well anyways its somewhere else.

Hey gang. Question for any past derby champs out there: Do the folks in the Spring fog find out today if their design was top three? Or do the foggers find out along with everyobe else if their shirt won? Thanks…

I thought about doing something like that but now I’m concearned that they really truly mean only text, and no illustrations.

I think that is an example of an illustration forming text and not the other way around.

Youre right, but it’s not clear that they would specifically reject images used as text.

Oh, and comic sans FTW!

edit: now that I’ve read it a fifth time, I think that images as text would be rejected. Who knows, though, it’s so sporadic.

I’m thinking this week’s derby should be very very cool! Can’t wait to see the designs.

Yay! Sounds fun.

Its like woot begs me to resub

ug
really ug…all i can say is ug…

I like my coffee like I like my women?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I’m excited =)

Oh boy…another one up for interpretation. I read the rules similar to Dekonstruct. Text only and your text forms your illustration. The Born to Rock looks like an illustration that creates the text.

I think illustrations as text would make great shirts, but it sounds like the opposite of what Woot is asking. I think they want the text to create the illustration.

Is that how others are interpreting the derby theme? (I think Dekonstruct and I are in agreement.)