Derby #364: $10k Cup, Round 2: Style

I am super duper tempted to buy some of those brushes. Need to convince the wife that these are necessary…

Interesting concept - being in a ‘starry night’ sky it makes me think of constellations.

In the final draft will the chameleon be the only green critter? Will there be a greater variety of line width?

Black on white, but really, any dark on any light would work. Avoid light on dark, unless you drew it that way.

One more question - do crosshatch designs still need to be one color? Seems like an unfair disadvantage.

Thanks! Originally I drew the blue owl on a lemon shirt, but wasn’t sure how many people would want a lemon yellow shirt. I have the same feeling about white shirts, but there must be some people who like them.

Based on the original blog, yes. The only change is in the blanks available for the water color derby, since cream is off the menu.

So youre saying I need another green pet and more variety of line widths?

But, crosshatch people can use pop-culture (except Star Wars) and watercolor people can’t.

Crosshatch people are dirty and watercolor people smell.

This is dirty and smelly!

I started reworking on this thinking on Crosshatch, and then I realize its only one color rule, but the good thing was an excellent excuse to use water color for the details, and I very happy with the final product. I hope you like it

http://wenceslaoalmazan.com/tshirt/pinata.png

Why WHY do we keep splitting up the forum like this.

Watch it, Betta Koi. V’Owls have their eyes on you.

that’s an awesome design.

so can we mix styles?

So we’re betta koi brothers?

Look at it in alcohol terms and it’s much more justifiable. $7 watercolor brushes is only one fancy martini…

<__<

>__>

.oO(I think it’s the colors tearing us apart.)

^^;

No. They want us to retain the rules of each derby, individually… With the exception of the shirt color list for Watercolors (since creme is not available).

How about this one?

NOnono- :frowning: I made what is likely my favorite shirt design ever and just realized you can’t have text on watercolor shirts- -and it doesn’t work as well without it.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

I personally like that one much better. It’s pretty and simple and more wearable, in my opinion. I don’t actually understand the point of the Van Gogh one. Why did you choose the animals that you did? Is there meaning that I’m missing?

PS I think I’d like it better without the gradient bubble behind it.

Sorry… that sucks… I’ve been there.