Derby #37 Cyberpub: Music is my aeroplane

flunk anyone today?

it’s a good thing I did a double take and re-read that sentence…

:omg:

I bought a tablet and it helps a little. I still need to get better at using it, but I’m not sure that’s the full answer. Learning to use the pen tool in photoshop has helped even more.

I just woke up from a nap (home with a stomache bug today) and had two ideas when I woke up and one involves pirates. Maybe it was meant to be.

No, but I did want to hit several of them…

I am totally at a loss for how to represent GREED without using text. Got an idea, but not sure I’ll be able to do it, and it’s not going to be that good.

not anymore. :rolls eyes: thanks to joe it’s now ‘no pirates’ for this derby. <sniffle> I LIKES the pirates!

These are grown humans, right?

I finally saw. That does leave me with the other idea. The Pirate idea may have been too political anyways… oil tanker flying the skull and crossbones (maybe a shell for the skull).

Other idea may be too much of a pun. hint: horde=hoard. Should I stay away from the puns?

I’d say no, but then I loves the puns. Maybe you could take my idea from above, but instead of pirates use that guy from the monopoly game. Clearly parody and therefore allowed. right?

o.m.g. that’s like asking if you should stay away from oxygen or nourishment.

bwa ha ha!

That’s what happens when no-one votes for my designs week after week! I get creative in other ways! I truly never thought they’d listen- my guess was about a 10% chance.

but can a pun win?

Fivebucks was a pun, and it sure did.
NOT that I’m condoning something so vapid. I’m sure you are able to think of a more original idea.

fivebucks was a parody, rather than a pun imo. the pi pie is a pun.

Do you think anyone will do Ebenezer Scrooge? I’m picturing some guy in a big top hat grabbing at a pile of green bills (with no dollar signs on them, of course). Or counting piles of coins.

If anyone actually likes that idea, feel free to take it. I am done entering the derby.

Yeah, I guess I meant in that blanket “wordplay” sense. Either way, it was a word joke and it won.

:frowning:

Why the frown?

obvious wordplays seem to get votes. more obscure… well, god forbid you ask a voter to think…

That’s what I meant by Dickensesque. I’m sure it will happen. Especially if people are getting all literary on us with the ravens.