Derby #373: Heavy Metal

Well here’s a rough sketch of my idea for this one! My heavy metal band.

That’s good! Awesome.

Great ideas! I’ll work on it!

QUESTION: What size does any color line need to be to be printed? I have some black lines that will really blend with the background but does it matter then? Thanks!

Here’s a tweaked one. I added some musical elements as more of a design than flat out music notes (I think I made a joke haha). What do y’all think? Changes? Tweaks? Anything? Deletions? Additions?

I’m still trying to get the hang of derbies. Any suggestions on my entry?

the top ones can be read well as bass clefs the others ones seem backwards… at least they are not readily read as notation… (or so the music teacher in me, says). and yes it is not good to be flat, but sharp and natural… and that also is a music joke… :wink:
look at the other clef… G is over used but you still have alto and percussion

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608026717800893525&pid=15.1&P=0

checkout this gregorian chant notation… pretty cool too

http://forum.musicasacra.com/forum/uploads/FileUpload
/db/c54ba4524e1c4f4a0d0873d8b8df6d.png

good luck!!! I’m not sure I will even be close to finishing what I started

I like it. Of course, I’m trying to get the hang of the derbies too, what with being new to this and all.

Here’s what I’ve got…
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3920/15026198628_b8de73e386.jpg

I might call it Heavy Meta. It’s silver on black, as the elder gods dictate.

Thanks. Good luck to you. It’s proving kind of hard to break into the derbies. There’s a steep learning curve, and it seems like the big designers are guaranteed spots in the fog every week. It probably helps that they have fans on Facebook and email lists every week.

That’s dope… I’d wear it!

I dig it, but think the text isn’t necessary.

I’ll be honest, I see this as shoe-horning Doctor Who in for little reason.

I like Doctor Who, so it’s not just hatin for hatin…I really don’t see any tie-in.

I hope band logo parodies are okay because that’s the direction my brain went with this one.

I may submit it both ways. It’s supposed to be a DANZIG parody.

The kitty head looks too rounded but I don’t know heavy metal bands so maybe it’s supposed to look like that. Haha. Colors are great. You’re right in that Derbies are hard to break into. I’m resolved to that and just throw something out there and learn from others and try to give encouragement like others have given me. Good idea. A fan base! That’s what I need! Haha.

You’re a music teacher?! Cool! So the 2 at the top are fine but the others looks strange? I could try putting in huge notes or a tremble clef. What do you mean G is overused?

I was trying to give a crazy art deco to Dr Who. If I could start all over, I would do it a little differently. Maybe I just will. I don’t need sleep! Haha! How do you think I could tie-in DW a little better? I just love the golden Tardis!

Ah, a fellow literalist. Very nice. Here’s mine:

Holy cow that’s hilarious!