Derby #377: $10K Cup Round III: Art Styles

my monitor is not calibrated, but that looks more like yellow than orange to me.

edit: i guess it could be a faded orange. nm.

Thirded…mine will work without but it’s better with. Plus woodcuts can have lettering!

Been working on this several days. It is Psychedelia (in case you couldn’t tell :slight_smile: )

Groovy geckos:

I think that’s really cool!

I drew the dots. Everyone. I created a brush that made dots at various sizes (revised one), spaces, scattering.

@nitetigerz Thanks!

Excellent points. I completely agree. Travis IS handsome.

Also, it’d be nice if text was allowed – at least change it to a “no fonts” rule?

Fair enough, you make good points. We weren’t very clear. All technical rules apply, text allowed, all pop-culture/theme restrictions no longer apply.

Here’s the revised one with more dots and more variety of size of dots :slight_smile:

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/browbeat/2012/10/29/StarWarsGIFs/Bonus_Ewok_Dance.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

Vectors are allowed, right? I ask because it says “must be drawn by you.”

It was the lengthy Point #1 wasn’t it? I didn’t think anyone could possibly make it through all of it. :wink:

(thank you!) :)!!!

*Mental note. Compliment Travis on his looks in the future.

I told him about the handsome comments before he saw them. I think he mighta blushed a little. :slight_smile:

Looks great!

http://www.myimagehosting.com/u/20721/16584/141805.jpeg

Is this too messy?

I would say the light cast by the orb should be more of a gradient rather than all the same. That would add more depth to the floor. I love the stars and orb!

Can I get some feedback on this?

I had to basically redo the psychedelic one because of gradients, but I’m all set with two designs this week, woo!

Nice! Has a wonderful visual waver!

Nice one! I agree with Leslie, that you need more definition on your depth… My only other question would be which of the art styles are you going for? Maybe I’m not getting the concept right…