Derby #38: The Year You Were Born

The Derby #38 Cyberpub. If we’re not here, check over there. All are welcome.

First time here? Want to submit an entry and maybe forgot something? Think you’re good to go? Read these rules for rejection compiled by derekfilley anyway.

PS - Sorry guys, I had to take someone to pick up his car and he neglected to tell me how long it would take. Had to have someone post for me. I’m back now. :slight_smile:

Fiber…pub, eh? (wonders what Sprite is smoking)

Interesting theme! We’ll get a lot of similar years and some out there ones. =D I wonder who will do the oldest year? It would be neat to see some 1940’s or even 1930’s in there! =D Any Depression-era people design shirts on Woot? I like it! For the record, mine is 1982… what will you all be doing?

Let’s hear it for 1990!!!

Thank god I’m '69 :slight_smile: EDIT: I call the moon landing! :slight_smile:

Oh, I have a perfect idea for the day I was born! Sat out two weeks, it’ll be nice to be back.

ouch nothing happened in 63

Hmmm… How will they reject if you fake the year?

1. Should be a lot to work with : )

Same as my boyfriend. =D

Strange theme.

Summer of love here I come… :wink:

How many babies are we gonna see? The text ban means we thankfully won’t see a ton of kids wearing year sashes.

no text? Then what is meant by: ‘or even the number itself’ ?

Are dates off limits?

1970??? I will have to think on that one. I always thought my birth was the event of the year. :slight_smile:
-Andy

I think that means representing the number if it has other significance, like '69, but obviously one couldn’t do that imagery.

Dibs on 2007!

Oh snap, I was born in '85. Is Tetris banned like Pacman is?

That’s when Tetris came out? Man, '85 was a sweet year to be born.

I got 1989… maybe I can do something with the Berlin Wall falling.