Derby #38: The Year You Were Born

me too, this is a tough theme…i don’t remember anything from that year :slight_smile:

or sashes with text, at least.

how about a rally to ban babies?

-in the derby, I mean!

according to wikipedia
“Tetris (Russian: Тетрис) is a falling-blocks puzzle video game, released on a vast spectrum of platforms. Alexey Pajitnov originally designed and programmed the game in June 1985,[1][2] while working for the Dorodnicyn Computing Centre of the Academy of Science of the USSR in Moscow.”

Coincidentally I was born on June 10, 1985 =)

Will people even vote for shirts with babies? Or make them? This doesn’t seem to be much of a threat.

“Extra second added to the calender year”
who knew this happened in 85?

I think the best bet for ideas will be trolling wikipedia for the year you were born. Mine has loads of good ideas:

Moon landing
First flights of the 747 and the Concorde
Marilyn Manson is born :slight_smile:
Arpanet is born
The british halfpenny is removed from currency

Hmm…

Apparently not, judging by my two entries this last week.

A shirt about making babies probably would be rejected :slight_smile:

Uh… This theme kinda disadvantages those individuals with crappy years… Oh well… 1983 it is… Let’s see if I come up with anything good… Maybe I’ll skip this week and work on my BONUS shirts instead…

December 16, 1985 - In New York City, Mafia bosses Paul Castellano and Thomas Bilotti are shot dead in front of Spark’s Steak House, making hit organizer John Gotti the leader of the powerful Gambino organized crime family. During the shootout Andrew Bearse was born in the middle of the street. His mother was hit by a stray bullet which forced her into early labor. He survived and currently resides in Detroit, Michigan.

Andrew Bearse? if he was on woot he’d have one heck of a story to tell…

hey, me too! Didn’t Jordan and the Tar Heels win the Tournament that year? That’s all that comes to mind right away… it was fun to watch him on the Bulls a handful of years later while growing up. :smiley:

1979 for me. My favorite comment “dont submit anything dumb” nice!

SOMEONE DO 1986!!! that would be pretty RADical

I think Mr. Roboto came out that year :wink:

You can’t go wrong with any year in the 80’s. It was an awesome decade IMO.
-Andy

1967 was an awesome year. superbowl 1 (my packers won - all hail the mighty lombardi!), the summer of love, flower children, surveyor 3 moon landing, elvis married priscilla,

in music we had the sgt peppers album, the doors, respect by aretha franklin, and debut albums by pink floyd, the bee gees and david bowie.
arlo guthrie releases alice’s restaurant.
in movies we had the jungle book.
in tv we had the debut of the smothers brothers and carol burnett show

I’m feeling inspired this week folks. heeee!

Looks like we’re gonna have a few 1985 shirts, which is awesome. I know a little tidbit I’m not sharing. = )

That mafia shirt would be rockin’ btw!

Anyone here think the Olympic torch is copywritten?

I assume the olympic rings would be all protected, but just a torch?

I guess I’ll see… >.<

http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/images/pictures/plc8301.jpg

Dibs on orwell’s masterpiece.

(1 9 8 4)

Yeah, a friend logged in for me. He’s a bit dyslexic…