Derby #39 (Motion): Honorable Mentions

[blogpost=6617730c-7e67-454a-83e7-c16801f51c79][/blogpost]

I agree with all the choices except for the bunny hop. The reason - the evil look in its eye. Seriously - pure evil…

Really??? Rob got a nod? Personally, I don’t think his is as good as the other designs. The others were far more creative.

Rob getting a nod does make the derby a bit of a sham, doesn’t it? It’s one thing when idiots vote him in, but it’s another for woot to condone it

I am looking forward to Rocket Rodeo to get a full week’s attention. It was a great design (even with the phallic theme), but I think subbed too late.

Thanks for the HM! It’s nice to be recognized along side so many great entries and artists.

Didn’t see the starcraft one, that’s awesome.

HE IS COMING FOR YOU.

haha!

when I was about 20 yrs old, my 3 older brothers and I had a competition to see who could pogostick the longest, it was a thanksgiving reunion thing.

We stopped before getting a winner, because our adult weights on the pogostick had cut through the rubber stopper, and we were cutting little circles into the hardwood floor. had to replace quite a bit of it, since they were too deep to sand out.

I still think I would have won.

Rocket Rodeo is my fave on this list.

Great choices woot! Congrats to all the HMs. Work well done!

Why does it make this a sham?

Just curious, not familiar with Rob’s work.

Adder just happens to be Rob’s own personal critic. <<woot filter did this. ‘crit**ic’ =>> ‘critic’

Congratulations to the artists who got the motion. I mean mention. This is a great idea, Woot, and gives even more people a chance to shine. That’s a good thing!

Not really too thrilled with Rob’s design - but the rest are great. Love the “Marching” one - it’s whimsical and makes me feel happy.

Congrats to all the mentionees!!!

And thank you woot for including Marching By. I just love a Parade!!

Wow, that’s a long thread with a lot of words.

It’s weird, my friend showed me this site, describing it as “cool shirts at $10 a pop”, so I came. I’m yet to buy anything yet, as no shirt has caught my eye yet, but I obviously have been browsing the forums.

That being said, I’m amazed as to how seriously people take stuff here. I didn’t think there could be this much discussion and controversy over something as simple as T-Shirts !!!

Where the H E double hockey sticks is COW TIPPER?

In response to Woot’s Honorable Mentions, I present the first weekly Overlooked Awards! Check it out here: http://BestLosers.com

Thanks for the Honorable Mention! I truly appreciate it.

See my latest

It’s amazingly easy to have controversy when people are known plagiarists. Rob getting a nod is a little like Carlos Mencia getting some sort of comic award, or todd goldman getting an art one…

To be fair, tho, woot might just be throwing him a bone for neither lifting a design (to my knowledge) nor using clip-art (again, to my knowledge). It actually looks drawn, and for mr. glenn, that’s worth mentioning.