Derby #40 Cyberpub: Universe inside of your heart

Talk about anything. Friendly derby discussion is always welcome. :slight_smile:

Morpheus: I imagine that right now, you’re feeling a bit like Alice. Hmm? Tumbling down the rabbit hole?
Neo: You could say that.

Morpheus: I see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that’s not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate, Neo?
Neo: No.
Morpheus: Why not?
Neo: Because [i]I don’t like the idea that I’m not in control of my life.
Morpheus: I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world. You don’t know what it is, but it’s there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I’m talking about?
Neo: The Matrix.
Morpheus: Do you want to know what it is?
Neo: Yes.
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work… when you go to church… when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.

Neo: Why do my eyes hurt?
Morpheus: You’ve never used them before.

Agent Smith: I’d like to share a revelation that I’ve had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you’re not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You’re a plague and we are the cure.

(from The Matrix)

Okay guys, I can’t stay here and monopolize the puter (guess I could but that wouldn’t be nice) when there are thousands of students who are in the same no-internet situation. Yeah there are dozens of labs around campus but I still feel guilty. Talk to y’all later. Hopefully my internet will be back up when I get home; the comcast repair lady pulled up as I was heading out. :slight_smile:

Good luck with the mommy shirts! Hopefully I’ll get one done.

EDIT: Where is everyone? I go away for an hour and everyone’s still MIA…

On another note, my internet’s fixed!!!

o(^^o) (o^^)o o(^^o) (o^^)o

They’re all off making shirts of dragons guarding their dragon eggs. I am not making one this week fo’ sho’. I’m trying to buy a house:)

I’d like to see you try “where robot babies come from”. :stuck_out_tongue:

unless signing all those papers has given you carpal tunnel… in which case I will have to try it, and nobody wants that.

scraps idea

:frowning:

I REEEEEEALLY want to see someone take my username for inspiration. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE???

pshaw. do it girl!

I second the Robot pr0n, Schrobmallow. That’s where that was going, right?

Did they say no text? I could make “Robots do it mechanically.”

Edit: no more robots. I only made the last one because a pig flying would have been stupid and would have made an unintended reference to the joke about “when pigs fly.”

like “mother pucker” will make it past the censors… :frowning:

I think you might manage to squeak that one by the censors. It isn’t like you made the pucker just for that joke.

Mom=ATM

Would that work?

• Oh,reeeeeeealy?*

I would argue that they CREATED this theme hinging on the conviction that you would step up to your destiny. You HAVE to do Mother Pucker.

L O L!

I totally agree.

I’m looking forward to the geekification of motherhood this derby!

It’s funny because just today I thought I could draw a mother pucker holding on to a tiny little baby wrapped in a blanket, and of course all you’d be able to see is the mouth. But other than the har-de-har-har that it’d get, not even I’d want to wear that on a T-shirt.

But I think it’s cool that a few of you have already gotten a chuckle out of this theme and how my traditional entry inspiration may fit into it.

Thank you and have a nice day!

you could try something along the lines of ‘a mother’s kiss heals all’…

Anyone ever installed a wooden privacy fence before? One of the houses my wife and I thought about making an offer on has no fence, but I’m totally manly and stuff and could build it myself if I had a clue how much work/time/money it takes. We liked a different house that has a fence but the seller is all like “no closing costs for you!

I haven’t, but my husband did it when he was a teenager. I know it costs money and takes time and (ick, Texas in summer outside) work. There are a gazillion contractors who would do it for more money, but they are the ones who sweat like pigs and throw out their backs.

Um, maybe take a trip to home despot to see what is available? We haven’t had the money to fence, so we have a fenced kennel for the dogs outside instead. not ideal. Ooooh, wait, idea - there are those books at the front of home despot that walk you through building something. My parents used that (and “volunteer” child labor) to build a deck and a pergola. I’m betting they have a fence one, too. You might have other manly friends who will help you in exchange for beer & pizza.