Derby #40 Cyberpub: Universe inside of your heart

Hi folks,

As expected, my day has been cra-zay. This is a fly-by. It doesn’t bode well for a shirt design. So I think the Tekster is taking this derby off… I just can’t think of anything brilliant except for perhaps a big goldfish with a wig giving a little goldfish a big hug…

I’ll keep working on office lurker though.

I am beyond bored today. Almost nothing to do at work. I should be working on my paper that is due on tues (The effect of altruistic behaviour on agency theory) but can’t seem to work up much enthusiasm today. I also have the big presentation for next wed to work on… and one other paper that is probably due tomorrow. I am sooo not motivated right now. And after tomorrow I am unemployed, gah. I will probably be out on the street next week with a sign reading “will manage projects for food”. <sigh>

You can have some of my work… I’m up to my ears in unmentionable torment… :slight_smile:

do I get to torture your students? I could be up for that. :slight_smile:

If you wish… the best part is they pay me to make them miserable/give them tests. It’s borderline masochistic.

Me too! Bring on the Geek Mom stuff!

(And also–my husband also calls it Home Despot! I thought he was the only one!)

So do I, actually. Geek mom… didn’t think of that. Could be something there… ah, who am I kidding… not gonna happen with my Friday. P’raps Saturday…

The thought of my friends doing manual labor is laughable. Some would. Most don’t even clean their own house (maids do it). It’s really not that hot yet though. Books would probably tell me how, but no idea on price until I go shop for the stuff I guess.

SkekTek - you should totally scare the crap out of your students with some extra hard questions that they totally shouldn’t be able to answer; then if anyone gets it right give them bonus points. Or test something you mentioned ONE time, that wasn’t from the reading, that isn’t in their notes, to make sure they were paying attention in class. I hated that crap, but now it would be hilarious.

I did that once- asked a question as a bonus about a joke I told two weeks prior. Got a lot of “WTF”'s on the exam, though several remembered it. And a staple on my exam where I discuss vision, I put a bonus in like 2 point font that says “Can you read me? Visual perception +2 pts”. I only give 2-3 of those each exam. Most miss it.

2 years ago at gencon:

Me: Ok kid, I have some shopping to do, so go play the video games and stay there until I come around for you.

My kid: ok mom.

Someone else’s kid: I want that mom…

Another GenCon vet! Woohoo! Used to go a lot when I lived in Indiana. (Edit- I think they’re in Indy now, but they were in Wisconsin when I was younger).

I’m so out of touch with the intertubes peoples. What is “pancakes”? I totally am at a loss. Even searching google to try and understand isn’t working.

Weird. I just used the preview to try out some words on the woot filter. Here are the results (edited to remove those that made it through). Edit: Oh, and I removed the words that were filtered to leave only the results, not the original words.

frak
dead weasels
beautiful tulip
mother frakker
sassy chimpanzee
cork soaker
purty scarf
weasel

Brilliant.

Anyone who is actually going to make a shirt is welcome to use that. I really won’t have time until Friday afternoon, but I’ll probably be busy with the house buying stuff.

But make it like ducks. A big momma pucker followed by a few smaller baby puckers. That would be pretty funny, hee.

EDIT - Ya gotta make it good stuff so I can use it for the next “Free Kenney” banner, 'kay? Hopefully there will never be a need for it but the variety of puckers made it easy last time. ^_~

So does my stepmom. Looks like a lot of people do. :slight_smile:

I would love to do a depiction of mom as ATM but I’m already knee-deep in another concept, and as slow as I am I wouldn’t have time. Anyone who wants that idea, please take it! It’s up for gargs or grabs or whatever. I can’t type today.

I had the weirdest idea.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/superspryte/MANG.jpg

It’s okay, go ahead and yell at me. >_<;