Derby #40: Motherhood

The Derby #40 Cyberpub. If we’re not chillin’ around here, check over there. All are welcome.

First time here? Want to submit an entry and maybe forgot something? Think you’re good to go? Read these rules for rejection compiled by derekfilley anyway.

I apologize for my absence; my internets (and cable) are broken because Comcast decided to “upgrade” something and the whole thing blew up. Hopefully I’ll be back tonight. No promises. T_T;

Aw…props to the Moms…that’s nice Woot!

Haha! I should have guessed! This one will be interesting.

If they have a mom derby they should offer maternity sizes!

yeah, sounds good! I’m really curious to see how designers deal with the topic.

We have a house near us that decorates for every holiday, but they don’t decorate for Mother’s day. Our family has been trying to figure out mother’s day decorations for a couple years now, so looking forward to what inspires others.

we need to limit it to text plus image… no text only…

Sooooo…Flowers?

Unless I have a brilliant brain-event, I may sit this one out.

LOL, I have a 0% chance of buying a shirt next weekend. Oh well, rather than wasting time looking at submissions during the week and seeing who wins on the weekend, I’ll have more time to play GTAIV.

BTW, I mean no offense to anyone. Its just that I am a 22 year old male, and I would not get my mom a t-shirt for mothers day.

If I can get online from my apartment tomorrow I have an idea. It’ll be late though. -_-;

I wouldn’t mind text only. Just depends on the design

You might be suprised, though. I really thought that the greed derby wasn’t my style and but there were some awesome entries.

text could mean tons of entries, little rejection

Just what I was thinking… I’m a 22yo female, and I want to keep motherhood as far from my body as possible (although it might be worth the $10 to see my boyfriend’s reaction to a shirt with a stork on it or a bun in the oven… lol). I doubt many guys of any age will want to buy a motherhood shirt unless the designers get really clever (which I’m not gonna put past any of them). Not many childless females will want a motherhood shirt, either, so that leaves a small demographic. Of course some people will buy one for their mothers and/or grandmothers, but still unless the designs are awesome, I foresee early reckonings.

Dang… so Mother Brain from Metroid is out.

Woke up a little late, who got third? Anyone know?

Looks like the perfect week to get caught up on other things besides checking my shirt derby stats. Good luck to everyone though.
-Andy

Not understanding your question. The four contenders are posted.

Now I’m confoozled, but that’s not unusual.

Personally, I hope the wave shirt got first place.